• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

At what age did you start gaming?

At what age did you start gaming?

• 1-5

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • 6-8

Votes: 69 9.3%
  • 9-10

Votes: 118 15.9%
  • 11-13

Votes: 288 38.9%
  • 14-16

Votes: 146 19.7%
  • 17-18

Votes: 41 5.5%
  • 19-21

Votes: 42 5.7%
  • 22-24

Votes: 16 2.2%
  • 25-30

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • 31-35

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 36-45

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 46+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I had the Warlord action figure in my crib!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 1 0.1%

cptg1481

First Post
1978 - Hooked and Dedicated Since

Played it, loved it, gave it up for a while, missed it...now I'm back and I have a real job and money!!!!!! Its much different now :cool:

CPTG

dead

Explorer
Theory 2

Girl gamers start playing at around age 19+

It is very rare to find a girl gamer who has started younger.

Why is this so?

Well, girls are probably encouraged to pursue other things in their childhood/adolenscence. However, when they have grown up and love Buffy and Startrek or whatever, they find that people they meet with similar interests (usually guys) are *also* gamers. In this way, they are introduced to the hobby and may very well take it up with all their heart.

(Hey, I've got a gamer girl in my group who exactly fits this mold!) ;)

If you're a gamer girl and your introduction to gaming was different to the above stereotype, please tell. :)

Kultar

First Post
I started playing D&D in 4th or 5th grade though I had been playing computer RPGs since i was only about 3. In fact that is where my parents found out I knew how to cuss when I spilt my milk on the keyboard after turning it on. My dad started D&D at a ripe age around 40 and my sister around 14.

Alloran

First Post
My mommy sat me down when I was four and told me 'we're gonna make you a character'... A leprechaun... I barely remember it, but I still have the old sheet somewhere around. I played on and off throughout elementry school, and got really big into it around middle school, been hooked and stayed hooked. ^_^

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads