[AU] Lost Dreams: The Stone Troll

Erekose13

Explorer
Round 4

Korwin slashes at the rhodin in front of him, but the beast laughs as he dodges aside. Korwin curses under his breath at his complete inability to hit it.

Kelsis steps back a couple of feat to a better position for her ransuer, but is unable to connect with it.

Kalythar manages to push the unconsious rhodin form off of him and stands up, careful to keep his swordaxe between him and the rhodin in front of Kelsis.

The rhodin in front of Kelsis steps forward and away from Kalythar aware that to have two enemies surrounding him would mean the end of things. Its battleaxe slides in under her ransuer catching her right arm. Taking advantage of the opening to press it's attack, the rhodin tries to butt her with his horns but misses, growling. [ooc: hit Kelsis, 9 dmg]

In front of Korwin the fast rhodin sends his battleaxe over Korwin's defences and lands another blow. Staggered from the blow Korwin doesn't see the horns coming towards his head in time. Realing from the blow, Korwin falls slipping out of conscousness. [ooc: hit Korwin, 11 dmg +3 dmg - Korwin unconscious and bleeding on the ground.]

The caster seeing himself surrounded aims his athame at Gren cursing out loud in a bark. The blade skips in scoring a wound on Gren's left leg. [ooc: hit Gren, 9 dmg]

Aadin concentrates on his spear sending it in for another strike. With all of the opponents around it, the rhodin doesn't see the spear coming in, nor does it catch the eagle whose dive this turn rakes the rhodin's face. The blood loss is too much for the creature as it falls to the ground. [ooc: hit #5, 3 dmg, eagle critical hit #5, 9 dmg, falls to the ground unconscious.]

Gren ignores the wound he received and continues to charge down the battle lines to where Korwin has fallen. The head rhodin doesn't bat an eye as he dodges the thrust of Gren's swordstaff. Rinaldo following suit also fails to grab hold of the deft rhodin.

[ooc: damage recap: Aadin 8, Korwin 24 (unconscious), Gren 18, Kelsis 9, #2 1, #5 37 (unconscious), #3 15 (unconscious), #4 13 (unconscious)]

Wow you guys are great! I love the speed of updates. :)

DrSpunj

Explorer
Kalythar, Litorian Mage Blade 3

"I'm fine, just starting to dance! Worry about Korwin! Come on, Kelsis, let's surround this brute and skewer him from both sides!"

Kalythar moves into a flanking position (trying to avoid an AoO, but is willing to suck one up to get him there if need be) opposite Kelsis and attacks. As to the update speed: we're just trying to make up for some slow non-combat posts! ;)

Erekose13

Explorer
[ooc: hard to keep up with my map drawin' but ive got everything up to the end of round 4 up now :) check my sig for a link to the map.

guess i'll have to keep running combats then eh?]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Kelsis the Bright-Eyed, female sibeccai akashic

*Kelsis hisses at her wound, and dances to the opposite side of the rhodin, backing up to skewer him with the end of her ranseur.*

"Take him, Kalythar!" she cries.

GladiusNP

First Post
Aadin Lofgred, 3rd Level Human Runethane

Aadin nods at Kalythar's words, and starts moving toward Korwin, careful not to expose himself to the Rhodin fighting Gren, and slipping slightly on the sodden grass. Concentrating the remainder of his attention on the spear, he squints through the rain, and sends it towards the Rhodin leader. He gestures to the eagle as well, directing it to attack from the opposite side to Gren.
"Korwin! Can you hear me?" He shouts.

(OOC - Aadin is maintaining his concentration on the Animate Weapon cast on the spear, and moving up behind Korwin as his move-equivalent.)

Last edited:

DrSpunj

Explorer
ooc: thanks for updating the map! I wasn't sure where everyone "stood" this far into the combat. And BTW, my "slow non-combat posts" comment wasn't directed at you or the story! :eek: It was aimed more tongue-in-cheek at myself (well, maybe all of us) since before the combat there'd easily be upwards of a week between some posts. I love that the pace has picked up a bit and hope it continues at a quicker pace even after the combat!

Erekose13

Explorer
Round 5 (&6)

Kelsis moves down and to the left to get in front of the rhodin, so as to allow Kalythar to approach from behind. This time her ransuer slips under the beleaguered rhodin's guard catching his right arm with a long gash. [ooc: hit #2, 6 dmg]

Kalythar takes advantage of the opening to move up and around behind the rhodin directly opposite Kelsis. With his opponent flanked, Kalythar presses the attack. His axe falls hard on the rhodin's head collapsing it's skull [ooc: critical hit #2, 38 dmg - dead]

The last rhodin growls fiercely in defiance at Gren, shifting it's weight at the last moment the rhodin sends it's battle axe up into Gren's groin. Such a low blow would normally leave it's victim reeling in pain, but Gren growls back in anger. Taking stock the rhodin decides to flee up and away from his opponents. Both Gren and Rinaldo take advantage of the move, but they are both unable to strike the quick rhodin. [ooc: hit Gren, 10 dmg; low blow passed save]

Though it is difficult to see the fleeing rhodin in the rain, Aadin concentrates on his spear sending it and his eagle to attack. Both however are unable to find their target. Slipping slightly on the sodden grass Aadin makes his way towards the fallen Korwin.

Gren now very angry at the slippery rhodin charges despite the blood flowing from his wounds. His swordstaff pierces the rhodin's armor as he catches up. Gren continues to fight to stay conscious. [ooc: hit #1, 11 dmg]

Rinaldo follows suit trying to reach the rhodin with his powerful jaws. Closing around the fleeing rhodin's right leg, trying to bring him down but failing to do so. [ooc: hit #1, 7 dmg]

[ooc: damage recap: Aadin 8, Korwin 25 (unconscious), Gren 29, Kelsis 9, #1 18, #2 45 (dead), #3 16 (unconscious), #4 14 (unconscious), #5 37 (unconscious) - Gren is at -2 and will fall at -3.]

Round 6 - (rounding things up)

Kelsis despite her own wounds looks about and sees Gren wavering as he fights the last rhodin only 40 feet away. She charges forward with he ransuer and manages to get into a flanking position opposite Rinaldo. Her slash comes down hard on the rhodin's shoulder. [ooc: hit #1, 8 dmg]

Kalythar follows Kelsis' lead and charges the last rhodin. He too manages to score a hit against the deft rhodin bringing his swordaxe down on its right knee. [ooc: hit #1, 11 dmg]

Seeing itself surrounded the rhodin tries to break free, now caught in a paniced headlong flight. Everyone takes advantage of the opportunity presented. Kalythar and Aadin's spear both find their target ripping into the creature as it falls. [ooc: Kalythar AoO hit #1, 13 dmg; Aadin AoO hit #1, 1 dmg]

Aadin seeing the rhodin fall stops concentrating on his spear and rushes to Korwin's side. He needs help immediately.

Gren calms down and sits in the muddy ground beside Rinaldo patting him and falls into unconsciousness. (He is not actually loosing hit points but he is at -2).

[ooc: damage recap:
Aadin 8,
Korwin 25 (unconscious, bleeding),
Gren 29 (unconscious, stabilized),
Kelsis 9,
#1 51 (unconscious, bleeding),
#2 45 (dead),
#3 17 (unconscious, bleeding),
#4 14 (unconscious, stabilized),
#5 37 (unconscious, stabilized)]

Battles done, post your post-combat reactions please :)

DrSpunj

Explorer
Kalythar, Litorian Mage Blade 3

Shaking the rain from his eyes, Kalythar quickly wipes the majority of the gore off his athame using the rhodin's wet hide. Moving over to Gren and yelling loud enough for Aadin to hear, Kalythar says, "I have a few healing poultices we can use on one or both of them. Just say the word and I'll dig them out of my pack. Gren looks bad but stable, though I'm no chirurgeon, that's for sure. How's Korwin doing?"

GladiusNP

First Post
Aadin drops to his knees on the grass next to Korwin, and shouts to Kalythar, "It's alright! I've got him - check on Gren! To himself, he mutters
"So much blood..."
Casting his mind back to the runic magics he had prepared, he forms the first sigil for his healing magics, and casts it upon Korwin's prone form. His braid drips rain onto the warrior's bleeding torso, as he concentrates intently.

Casting Transfer Wounds (Lesser).

Erekose13

Explorer
Aadin draws the necessary runes over Korwin, a dark purple vortex of energy appears over his chest rising to meet Aadin's hand. Korwin caughs, clearing some of the rain and blood from his nostrils and throat. After a moment he blinks his eyes open looking into Aadin's drawn face. Aadin feels much more tired than he was a few minutes earlier, the stress of combat as well as healing taking its toll.

[ooc: lesser transfer wounds for 11 point of healing. Aadin takes 5 points in subdual damage, but both are okay now.]

Remove ads