D&D (2024) August 18th Tarrasque-sized D&D News (Poll)

The August 18th Tarrasque-sized D&D News will be:

• 50AE Public Playtest

Votes: 29 28.7%
  • VTT Beta

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • All Access Content Tier for DDB

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • AAA Video Game

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • New Adventure Path

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Highly Anticipated Classic Setting

Votes: 30 29.7%
  • Other (explain below)

Votes: 14 13.9%

• Poll closed .

Alby87

Adventurer
I just had an idea... And if the big change today is the release of 5.5... Today? Hear me in this: if you have the PHB, DMG or MM, starting from today you have access to the new books in D&D Beyond. After that release, they can fine tune and apply errata live, with just a news to tell people what has been changed, following people discussions. In 2024, they will print those book as the 50th Anniversary Revision, and they have plenty of time to do the transaction between online to book: typesetting and new art.

• They will boost the sale on D&D Beyond of the core books
  • People will check and give feedback on the books...
  • ...that still will be sold in two years, but what probably will be the cleanest and not needing errata version ever!

What do you think?

OB1

Jedi Master
I just had an idea... And if the big change today is the release of 5.5... Today? Hear me in this: if you have the PHB, DMG or MM, starting from today you have access to the new books in D&D Beyond. After that release, they can fine tune and apply errata live, with just a news to tell people what has been changed, following people discussions. In 2024, they will print those book as the 50th Anniversary Revision, and they have plenty of time to do the transaction between online to book: typesetting and new art.

• They will boost the sale on D&D Beyond of the core books
  • People will check and give feedback on the books...
  • ...that still will be sold in two years, but what probably will be the cleanest and not needing errata version ever!

What do you think?
This is a really interesting thought. They could even give users the option to toggle between the old and new rules both as a playtest of the new and a market test to see how many people switch over.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases