Aundair Raiders : Raid on Throneport

DrZombie

First Post
Autumn : for those in the tower : you don't really see the deck of the ship. What you do see is a figure that comes flying from behind the ship, going under it, probably trying to get on the other side of the ship. Fire away :D

DrZombie

First Post
Forge : sorry if I was unclear. you are standing on the eck on top of the hatch to the cargo hold. You can either open the hatch or go through the north door into the ship.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Sarelo, surprised by the coming enemies quickly assesses the situation and moves towards Jael. Just as he nearly runs into Jael he blinks out of existence, reappearing right behind the warforged attacker. Sarelo whirls and swings his sword into the back of the warforged.

"I am deeply sorry, that was less than honorable...but so was attacking us when we are all in our skivvies."

OOC:[sblock] I move into Jael's space but then immediately use a swift action to use Abrupt Jaunt to teleport to X20. Finally, I use a standard action to attack the warforged, and I choose to lose 1 daily use of knight's challenge to receive the +2 flanking bonus. Attack: 13, Damage: 11 slashing.[/sblock]

Stat Block
[sblock]Half-Elf Conjurer 1/Half-Elf Paragon 1/Human Paragon 3/Knight 1
Alignment: LG

Abilities: (32)
STR - 14 (6 Points)
DEX - 12 (4 Points)
CON - 14 (6 Points)
INT - 18 (8 Points + 1 LA +2 Human Paragon)
WIS - 10 (2 Points)
CHA - 14 (6 Points)

HP: 1d4+4d8+1d12+12=32
Speed: 30ft
Initiative: +1

AC: 14 (+2 shield, +1 Dex, +1 deflection)

Saves:
Fort: +4
Reflex: +5
Will: +8

BAB/Melee/Ranged/Grapple: +3/+5/+4/+5

Weapons:
+1 longsword +6 1d8+3 19-20

Class Abilities:
Immediate Magic: Abrupt Jaunt 3/4 day (CL 1, Spell Level 1)
Scribe Scroll
School Specialization: Conjuration (No Illusion/Necromancy)
Bonus Feat (2)
Divided Ancestry
Elven Vision
Adaptive Learning (Balance)
Ability Boost +2 (Int)
Knight's Challenge (1/2 day)
Fighting Challenge +1
Knight's Code

Racial Abilities:
Immune to sleep spells
+2 racial bonus against Enchantment spells
Low-light vision
+1 racial bonus on Listen checks; +2 racial bonus on Spot and Search checks
+2 on Diplomacy and Gather Information checks
Elven Blood
Favored Class: Any

Skills:
-Balance +1 (3 Ranks + 1 Dex +2 Dragonmark -5 armor)
-Concentration +10/+14 (8 Ranks + 2 Con/+4 Combat Casting)
-Diplomacy +8 (4 ranks + 2 Cha + 2 racial)
-Gather Information +7 (3 ranks + 2 Cha + 2 racial)
-Knowledge (Geography) +7 (5 ranks + 4 Int)
-Listen +4 (3 Ranks + 0 Wis + 1 racial)
-Ride +9/+4 (8 Ranks + 1 Dex/-5 ACP when quick mounting)
-Search +9 (3 Ranks + 4 Int + 2 racial)
-Spellcraft +8 (4 ranks + 4 Int)
-Spot +5 (3 ranks + 0 Wis + 2 racial)
-Survival +5/+7 (5 Ranks + 0 Wis/+2 avoid getting lost)
-Speak Language: Common, Elven, Khorivar, Halfling, Dwarven, Gnomish, Draconic

Feats:
-Combat Casting
-Scribe Scroll
-Stormrider
-Least Dragonmark (Storm-Gust of Wind)
-Still Spell
-Lesser Dragonmark (Storm-Wind's Favor)

Spells:

Level 0: (4/day, DC 14)
(s)Acid Splash (40% failure)
Light x2
Flare
Mending (40% failure)

Level 1: (4/day, DC 15)
(s)Benign Transposition
True Strike
Featherfall
Blades of Fire

Level 2: (3/day, DC 16)
(s) Baleful Transposition
Baleful Transposition
Knock

Equipment:
+1 full plate
+1 small steel shield
ring of protection +1
+1 longsword
Adventurer's kit (backpack, belt pouch, bedroll, flint and steel, hemp rope, 2
sunrods, 10 days rations, waterskin)
Spell component pouch
Spellbook (0- resistance, acid splash, detect poison, detect magic, read
magic, daze, dancing lights, flare, light, ray of frost, mage hand, mending,
message, open/close, arcane mark, prestidigitation
; 1- benign
transposition, blades of fire, true strike, slide, feather fall, expeditous
retreat (swift), deep breath
; 2- baleful transposition, knock
heward's handy haversack
Cloak of resistance +1
wand of magic missiles (CL 1) 25/50 charges
Safewing Emblem
2 potions of cure light wounds
6 gp[/sblock]

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Jael HP=17/31
Jael spins with an elbow coming towards the warforged's face following immediatily with a kick to it's knee. Normal people would hurt only themselves with such an assault against a block of rock and metal but Jael's body was enforced with his mental resolve, making his body strong as a magical steel.

OOC: Darnit, the 'forged almost took half my HP with one strike, I'm afraid I need to retreat next round. Flurry of blows against the warforged 1d20+5=12, 1d8+2=7, 1d20+5=24, 1d8+2=3, Forgot to add the flanking bonus I get with Sarelo so the attack rolls become 14 & 26.
[sblock=stats]Str 12 dex 16 con 12 int 14 wis 15 cha 12
Will +8 fort +5 ref +7
AC 20; flatfooted 17; touch 15[/sblock]

Autumn

First Post
Ghaunder lets his shot fly as he sees the airborne figure. He's aware even as he does it that he's no marksman, and he's not likely to hit such a mark. Still, it's what's available. He reloads automatically, keeping an eye trained on the target.

"Watch for flyers!" he calls out for the benefit of anybody on deck who might not be aware of the menace.

OOC: Take readied shot on the flying one. 1d20 +4 = 13
Damage if the flyer should happen to have puny AC: 1d8 = 3

[sblock=stats]Str 14 dex 10 con 14 int 16 wis 16 char 8
Will +7 fort +8 refl +1
AC 11 touch 10
Bless 4/40 rnds[/sblock]

DrZombie

First Post
Code:
..ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
01...................................................................................
02...................................................................................
03...................................................................................
04....................................................................................
05....................................................................................
06....................................................................................
07............................/..\.....................................................
08........................../......\...................................................
09......................../....BB...\.................................................
10....................../............\................................................
11..................../_______________\...............................................
12...................I....SS...........I............................................
13...................I.................I............................................
14......__...........I................ I............................................
15..../.... \______..I.................I...........................................
16...I.H....I........I.....HHH.........I............................................
17...I......I______..I.....HHH.........I.............................................
18....\ __ /.........I.....HHH.........I.............................................
19...................I..F..............I............................................
20.............XXXXXXX...Ks...........XXXXXXX....................................
21...................I.D.6............I.............................................
22...................I.g.Jx1.2.........I.............................................
23...................I...A.5...........I.............................................
24...................I.................I.............................................
25...................I_SS______________I.............................................
26....................I................I..............................................
27.....................\............../................................................
28......................I.....BB....I...............................................
29.......................\_________/.................................................
30....................................................................................
31...................................................................................
32.....................................................................................
33.....................................................................................

H  hatch
BB Ballista
SS stairway
XXXXXXX : support beams for the elemental ring.

x astral Construct
g Gillian
J Jael
D Devon
F Forge
K Konnel
s Syralo

1 Bonall Morr
2 trask
3 Syro deskane
4 Alestair Sarhain
5 Valderio
6 Armament

the doors to the decks are located next to the stairway. The foredeck is one floor high, the aft deck two floors. The top floor of the aft deck contains the pilot's house and has large windows all around.

Round 6

init:
23 Aaranth
21 ghaunder
16 Retief
14 Devon

10 Forge
9 Konnel
7 Sarello
6 Gillian
6 Jael

Jael spins with an elbow coming towards the warforged's face following immediatily with a kick to it's knee. The Warforged doesn't seem impressed. It appears his shell is tougher then usual. (1 dmg). Gillian takes a step back and unleshes her eldritch energy, wounding the warforged, dealing 12damage. aaranth moves a step aside, draws his bow and shoots at Valderion, but misses. Ghaunder attacks Allestair, but misses also. retief activates his aura : master of tactics, +4 dmg when flanking, motivate attack, +1 to attack rolls.. He attacks Allestair, but misses. Devon moves aside, and reaches out with his mind. He feels, however, that Valderion just barely manages to escape with his mind intact. The construct attacks the warforged, and hits, doing 14 points of damage, and it tries to grapple with the warforged. Forge imbues Konnels armor and moves. Konnel moves as fast as he can and moves next to the construct. Sarello teleports next to the warforged. "I am deeply sorry, that was less than honorable...but so was attacking us when we are all in our skivvies." He says, swings and misses.

Now's the baddies turn. Hmm. This could have gone better.

DrZombie

First Post
Code:
..ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
01...................................................................................
02...................................................................................
03...................................................................................
04....................................................................................
05....................................................................................
06....................................................................................
07............................/..\.....................................................
08........................../......\...................................................
09......................../....BB...\.................................................
10....................../............\................................................
11..................../_______________\...............................................
12...................I....SS...........I............................................
13...................I.................I............................................
14......__...........I................ I............................................
15..../.... \______..I.................I...........................................
16...I.H....I........I.....HHH.........I............................................
17...I......I______..I.....HHH.........I.............................................
18....\ __ /.........I.....HHH.........I.............................................
19...................I..F..............I............................................
20.............XXXXXXX...Ks...........XXXXXXX....................................
21...................I.D...............I.............................................
22...................I4g6Jx1.....2.....I.............................................3
23...................I...A5............I.............................................
24...................I.................I.............................................
25...................I_SS______________I.............................................
26....................I................I..............................................
27.....................\............../................................................
28......................I.....BB....I...............................................
29.......................\_________/.................................................
30....................................................................................
31...................................................................................
32.....................................................................................
33.....................................................................................

H  hatch
BB Ballista
SS stairway
XXXXXXX : support beams for the elemental ring.

x astral Construct
g Gillian
J Jael
D Devon
F Forge
K Konnel
s Syralo

1 Bonall Morr
2 trask
3 Syro deskane
4 Alestair Sarhain
5 Valderio
6 Armament

the doors to the decks are located next to the stairway. The foredeck is one floor high, the aft deck two floors. The top floor of the aft deck contains the pilot's house and has large windows all around.

Round 6
x astral Construct
g Gillian
J Jael
D Devon
F Forge
K Konnel
s Syralo

1 Bonall Morr
2 trask
3 Syro deskane
4 Alestair Sarhain
5 Valderio
6 Armament

Armament(6) moves into the middle of his enemies. He attacks Gillian, but the nimble halfdragon halfling easily evades his attacks. Trask(2) tries to dispell the construct, but fails. He moves away from the combat. Valderion(5) hovers closer to Aaranth, and lashes out with his guisarme twice. Although he puts a lot of effort in the attack, it is stopped half an inch from Aaranths skin by a forcefield. Syro(3) appears outside the ship. he unleashes a barrage of magic missiles at Gillian, then moves further away. Four bolts of force tear into her chest and abdomen, tearing away chunks of flesh. She staggers backards, right into the rapier of Alestair(4) who comes swooping from below the ship, piercing her lung. She coughs up some blood, and drops to the deck in a spreading pool of blood (-5 hp, dying). Bonall morr(1) attacks the construct, but misses.

Note : I was PC-less, sorry for the delay.
Valderion(5) hovers above the deck, and is 10' away from Aaranth. Syro deskane(3) is quite a bit more to the east of the map (190' from the construct).
The cluster of fighters notice that they are not making any sound whatsoever, so sorry Syralo, no witty repartee.

Now is your turn. For those still in the watchtower. You can't see any enemies from your position. i'll allow one move action to get to the top, then an attack. At 'em, boys.

Remove ads