• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Aurora Toolset Gridding?

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Hi All. I'll be running a play-by-post soon and was thinking of using the Aurora Toolset (from Neverwinter Nights) to do the mapping for me.

Question: Does anyone know an easy way to grid one of those maps?

D'karr

Adventurer
Lobo Lurker said:
Hi All. I'll be running a play-by-post soon and was thinking of using the Aurora Toolset (from Neverwinter Nights) to do the mapping for me.

Question: Does anyone know an easy way to grid one of those maps?

You could probably get a screen capture and modify the resulting file.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Just to update for anyone interested, a screenshot coupled with Macromedia's Fireworks program looks like it might do the trick. :)

takyris

First Post
I do something a bit like it. I make the map, do the screenshot, and convert it into a file of the right size. Then I put it up in a directory where my buddy has made a simple CGI-script that makes a map out of an HTML table with regular-sized cells and picks the image I uploaded as the background. As long as I remember that 20 pixels = one five-foot square, I can have a big-honking outdoor map, with the HTML table serving as the grid.

And we're doing IRC, which is why it's CGI-script -- I can dynamically create and move people. For a play-by-post game, you can just do it in normal HTML and move people yourself as the players send you requests.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Yeah, I'll make the area, then screen shot it. In Fireworks I can assign the grid to a layer and the pcs/monsters in another grid and update on a roung-by-round basis. :)

Sounds simple enough.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads