Avatar 2: Way of Water ... the PRE-POLL (Are you interested?)

Will you be seeing the new Avatar movie (Way of Water) in the Theaters?

• 1. YES!

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • 2. NO!

Votes: 45 73.8%
  • 3. I would be a yes, but I don't go to theaters since the Pandemic.

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • 4. I am boycotting this movie because I love Papyrus.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

Mad_Jack

Legend
If I wasn't dead broke at the moment, I'd probably go see it. For movies like this, I don't really expect anything other than to entertained by pretty colors... If it has some interesting dialogue and acting, I don't really need to have much of a plot.

MarkB

Legend
I didnt see the original in the theater, I saw it on stream. I didnt think much of it. I was told it was because I didnt see it in 3D. So, I suppose if had the chance I could see the sequel in the theater for the best experience of it. Though, its been so many years I'm just over it.
My main recollection of seeing it in 3D at the cinema was of there being someone with big hair a couple of rows down whose head was blocking the bottom-left part of the screen, and frequently appeared to be paradoxically further away than the foreground details and subtitles it was partially obscuring.

briggart

Adventurer
I have yet to watch the first one, so it's unlikely I'll see the second one in a theater, unless some friend organizes a viewing.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
There's no real point to watching Avatar on streaming. You don't watch it for the plot or the characters, you watch it to be immersed in the experience. It needs to be seen in IMAX 3D to appreciate it. Otherwise, it's like judging a roller coaster by watching a GoPro video of someone else riding the roller coaster.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
There's no real point to watching Avatar on streaming. You don't watch it for the plot or the characters, you watch it to be immersed in the experience. It needs to be seen in IMAX 3D to appreciate it. Otherwise, it's like judging a roller coaster by watching a GoPro video of someone else riding the roller coaster.
Correction: it would be like judging a roller coaster by watching a GoPro video on a giant IMAX 3D screen.

Ryujin

Legend
When I watch motorcycle racing on TV or Youtube, I find myself leaning into the turns ;)

pukunui

Legend
I've never seen the original. Not planning to see this one or any subsequent sequels. I am, however, grateful for the work these films have brought to the industry here in NZ.

nevin

Hero
So for those of you who don't know, the KING OF THE WORLD (aka, James Cameron) is about to unleash upon us a multitude of Avatar movies, starting with ....

Avatar: The Way of Water (Avatar 2), in Theaters everywhere on December 16, 2022.

It already had its premiere, and reviews are GOOD. VERY VERY GOOD.

That said ... premiere reviews are almost universally very good. Here's what we do know-

1. It's the sequel to Avatar, the highest grossing film of all time (non-inflation adjusted, world-wide gross).

2. It's three hours and twelve minutes.

3. It's the sequel to Avatar, the second-highest grossing film of all time, inflation adjusted. As for the highest? Frankly, my dear EnWorld reader, I don't give a darn.

4. It's three hours and twelve minutes.

5. Trailer? TRAILER!

6. It's three hours and twelve minutes.

7. There are blue people.

8. It's three hours and twelve minutes.

9. You can (and probably should) see it in IMAX 3D.

10. Apparently, James Cameron has spent, like, a BILLION DOLLARS on these films. Give or take a few hundred million.

11. It's THREE HOURS and TWELVE MINUTES.

12. They changed the best thing about Avatar .... THE FONT.

So, are you going to be seeing Avatar? Are you excited? Is this your favorite Blue Person entertainment (non Smurf, non percussion division)? A poll is placed for your entertainment!
1. Yes but its been so long im not excited. Im sure it'll be good but its been 13 years, id already hit stage 5 acceptance that it was never coming out.

Where's the polls I'd go watch it, but I'm broke and in debt option?

I heard it draws inspiration from all of James Cameron's past movies and is really good.

Personally never saw the OG movie.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases