Avatar 2: Way of Water ... the PRE-POLL (Are you interested?)

Will you be seeing the new Avatar movie (Way of Water) in the Theaters?

• 1. YES!

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • 2. NO!

Votes: 45 73.8%
  • 3. I would be a yes, but I don't go to theaters since the Pandemic.

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • 4. I am boycotting this movie because I love Papyrus.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
But for a lot of these movies, there eventually is the "event" effect where it just snowballs. Everyone is seeing it, everyone is talking about it, and at a certain point, you just kind of shrug your shoulders and succumb to the cosmic inevitability of it all, if only so that you'll know what everyone else is talking about.

I think it I unwatch this thread I won't know anyone talking about it :)

Ryujin

Legend
The box office hasn't changed my opinion. I might watch it when it hits streaming, which will likely be shortly after the theatre run.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I think that for some people, it eventually becomes a stubborn point of pride (for me, that movie is Titanic).

But for a lot of these movies, there eventually is the "event" effect where it just snowballs. Everyone is seeing it, everyone is talking about it, and at a certain point, you just kind of shrug your shoulders and succumb to the cosmic inevitability of it all, if only so that you'll know what everyone else is talking about.
Eh, I suppose. I still haven't watched Game of Thrones, or Breaking Bad, The Mandalorian, or more than one season of The Sopranos. The last comic-book-turned-movie that I watched was Wonder Woman, and the last one I actually enjoyed was Black Panther. The last major "blockbuster" movie I watched was Dune, and I still haven't seen the last two Star Wars films. After a while, all of the cries of "Omigosh I can't believe you haven't seen Whatever! You totally need to watch Whatever!" just becomes background noise.

This is very much a "me" problem. I'm not implying that any particular film or television show is more worthy of attention. It's just something I've noticed about myself, that's all.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
This is very much a "me" problem. I'm not implying that any particular film or television show is more worthy of attention. It's just something I've noticed about myself, that's all.

I don't think it's a problem. Just a way of being!

At one point in my life, I was working in a "college town." Think the type of place where the college dominates everything. And it was a place with a massive, successful, usually-in-the-running for a National Championship College Football team.

Now almost every person in this town, whether they were a sports fan, or not, rooted for (or was conversant in the lingo) of this team- because that's what everyone talked about. Heck, "Go State U. Mascot's Name" was practically a synonym for hello. But there were a few people who just didn't care about the foolishness.

And that's fine!

Ryujin

Legend
I don't think it's a problem. Just a way of being!

At one point in my life, I was working in a "college town." Think the type of place where the college dominates everything. And it was a place with a massive, successful, usually-in-the-running for a National Championship College Football team.

Now almost every person in this town, whether they were a sports fan, or not, rooted for (or was conversant in the lingo) of this team- because that's what everyone talked about. Heck, "Go State U. Mascot's Name" was practically a synonym for hello. But there were a few people who just didn't care about the foolishness.

And that's fine!
Sounds like me, to the rest of Canada. I haven't cared about hockey since the Canada-Russia series of 1972 and can't even skate.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Sounds like me, to the rest of Canada. I haven't cared about hockey since the Canada-Russia series of 1972 and can't even skate.

More importantly, I have yet to see you say "Sorry."

I may have to report you to the Mounties. That's what I'm supposed to do, right? They'll revoke your ability to dine at Tim Hortons?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases