• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Babylon 5: Outrageous Fortune

Vertexx69

First Post
A handsome young Centari sits at the bar chatting up some darling little thing, occasionally sipping a drink that someone else bought for him. The girl goes to powder her nose and as Croft watches her slender form head away he thinks to himself, "Wasn't there something I was supposed to be doing? Hmm I'm it'll come to me..." Another drink arrives and thanks the buyer with a nod.

Leif

Adventurer
Kirth Warren

"Say, um, Ceshana, is there anything we should know about this artifact before we start this job? Like are we forbidden to touch it or anything? Is it radioactive or harmful to humans in any way? Will it be under heavy guard? Will we have to sneak in and steal it out from under the noses of a big army? You know, just minor details like that are what we need to know. Thought you might have forgotten a few of them.... This sort of thing may have a noticeable effect upon our final price for this ... project."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Croft:

An abbai female hustles into the bar. She's carrying a datapad under one arm and looks annoyed.

"Master Callo!" she says, her voice cutting across Croft's brain like a knife. "The people from the ISA are here, the one's you are supposed to be meeting right this moment!"

She waits, tapping her fingers on the datapad.

Kirth:
Cheshana looks confused again, but recovers quickly.

"It just a ... " he hunts for the right word in English "necklace. Amulet. Not dangerous, perhaps kept in safe place as worth valuable money for gems. Ship die of plague many year ago, no army to guard, and my people not violent people, would not attack if still alive." He looks down for a long pause, then looks up at Kirth with sadness in his face. "Not forbidden for outsiders to touch," he adds.

Leif

Adventurer
Kirth Warren

"Ok, Cheshana, thank you. Just one more question -- is the necklace believed or considered to be under a curse of some kind?"

Shayuri

First Post
Ashley snorts.

"Yeah. I'm sure holy relics are often considered cursed," she points out sarcastically. "Not to mention, so what if they think it's cursed?"

She raises her eyebrows in mock surprise. "Do you believe in curses?"

Vertexx69

First Post
The Centari lazily looks over at the abbai with a dreamy smile and nods. He gets up shooting a fanged grin and a wink to the bartender, closing with the impatient abbai girl while thinking to himself, "A night with me will put her priorities in order..." He smiles at her and gestures to the door with a courtly sweep of his hand. "After you beautiful." As he leaves, Several of the patrons seem to wake from a dream and are slightly confused for a while as to where so much of their money had gone (from buying the youth drinks).

OOC - Does the group know I'm coming, or is it a surprise?

Vertexx69

First Post
OOC - just like any government organization ;) keep the pertinent information out of the hands that it directly pertains to.

Croft keeps pace next to the Nervous little Abbai girl. "So what was this deal about again?"

Leif

Adventurer
Kirth Warren

Ashley snorts.

"Yeah. I'm sure holy relics are often considered cursed," she points out sarcastically. "Not to mention, so what if they think it's cursed?"

She raises her eyebrows in mock surprise. "Do you believe in curses?"
Kirth rolls his eyes and give Ashley a longsuffering smile. "Please note carefully that I said, 'considered cursed.' In lower-tech cultures, advanced science may be perceived to be magical. But I guess you think that everyone in the universe should know everything that you know?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
Croft:

The abbai gives Croft a look to freeze his tentistacles off.

"They don't tell me," she says. "Something important for the ISA."

Others:

Cheshana steps in between Kirth and Ashley before a full-blown argument can develop.

"My people all die because they believe in the Curse of Drafa," he says sadly. "I know it is sickness caused by microscopic life, but many your people also think your Earth disease is curse from gods. It made by alien race many think as gods, so perhaps people not so wrong. Perhaps Curse of Drafa also made by god-aliens." He steps back out of the way and bows his head. "I do not believe in curses. And my people not think amulet cursed."

Just then, an abbai enters with a young Centauri male.

"Master Callo has decided to drag himself away from the bar to join us," she says frostily, with a nod towards Linnmer.

Remove ads