• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Babylon 5: Outrageous Fortune

Shayuri

First Post
Ashley absorbs that information, and nods. "All right, if that's the deal, that's the deal."

She focuses on the alien they're proposing to help.

"Anything on that ship we should know about? Automatic defenses?"

Leif

Adventurer
Kirth Warren

"Yes, good question, Ashley! I am also interested to know the present status of the ship's weaponry. I assume the turret is in working order?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
Cheshana looks down at the ground, then back up at Ashley and Kirth.

"My people use not offensive weapons. The ship have interceptors, but if you fire not on it, you are safe, if they work until," he says. He pauses. "This is passenger ship, have three sections that rotate around central core. Maybe still rotate, I not know. Central core have main engine, boat bay, central corridor and bridge. May need dock on outer hull and use emergency airlock, if you ship have docking collar [ooc: it does]. Or use EVA suit and go into boat bay, unless your ship have shuttlecraft [ooc: it doesn't]. Have schematics, can show you if you wait short while." He pats an Abbai-made portable computer hanging at his waist.

Leif

Adventurer
Kirth Warren

"Perhaps there are members of our team who relish EVA. If so, and they have a desire to engage in that activity here, then I give them my full support. However, personally, I would suggest that we make use of the docking collar and do what is necessary to gain access to the ship in that way. Do you know whether any of the ship's systems are still operational, like life support, gravity, etc., or will we be forced to enter the ship in EVA gear, even if we are able to avoid actual EVA?"

Kirth eyes Cheshana's portable computer with great envy and almost starts drooling. Almost. "Oh, the mischief I could make with one of those," he thinks.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Cheshana makes an open palmed gesture which seems to be the equivalent of a shrug.

"We know these things when we scan from your ship," he says. "It is ten shaioy'sa, about nine Earth year since ship lost. Ship have fusion power, should work still."

Leif

Adventurer
Kirth Warren

"Very well, Ceshana," says Kirth, and gesturing at the portable computer he continues, "How many different kinds of solitaire can you play on that thing?"

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Cheshana looks puzzled.

"Soli...?" he asks, turning to the abbai for help.

"It's a human passtime," she says. "Used to absorb excess processing power on their computers."

"Ah," says Cheshana. "I not have that. But I have full copy of Five Hundred Sacred Scrolls for read. Perhaps you like read? Very enlighten," he adds.

Leif

Adventurer
Kirth Warren

"Yes, Ceshana, I would like that very much," agrees Kirth, thinking that some xeno-culture would be a small price to pay for the opportunity to fondle and grope a machine like that one, at least for a short while.

[sblock=:)]
Dr. Si said:
"It's a human passtime," she says. "Used to absorb excess processing power on their computers."
Here it is almost 3 hours after this post was made, and I'm still laughing uncontrollably![/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Alright," Ashley says, "Obviously we'll do it. We can work out the logistics and the details on the way."

She rubs her forehead. "Is there anything else to discuss? I mean, I don't want to jinx it, but from what I'm hearing this should be pretty easy. We get there, we recover the relic, we put it in the shrine...and done. According to plan, at least."

"Right?"

Leif

Adventurer
Kirth Warren

"Sounds right to me, but, ah, you know, things seldom go as smoothly as they are planned. This is a hallmark of every military or covert operation with which I've ever been involved. Surely it's not just me? At least, we'd better hope so!"

Last edited:

Remove ads