Babylon 5: Outrageous Fortune

Shayuri

First Post
Ashley nods and behind Yaktal's back makes a little 'shooing away' gesture towards him to indicate she's done with him.

Once Yaktal has left the room, Ashley looks at Kirth and asks, "Is there any way you can tell if this room is currently being monitored or watched?"

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
I'm really enjoying the story, and I love the setting/feel, and everything B5, but I'm having a bit of a problem, I don't really know what to do here.. I don't usually have the problem of being at a lack like this, but I kind of feel like I'm just 'along for the ride'.

Also all the roleplaying/updating seems to happen in 3-4 hours spurts every few days when I'm not around. You three just all happen to be on and posting at the same time.

Any suggestions?[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Kirth Warren

Ashley nods and behind Yaktal's back makes a little 'shooing away' gesture towards him to indicate she's done with him.

Once Yaktal has left the room, Ashley looks at Kirth and asks, "Is there any way you can tell if this room is currently being monitored or watched?"
"If the spies are courteous enough to leave some data footprints on the computer. Doesn't seem overly likely, but I guess it could happen. Otherwise, we'd need some kind of electronic sensing device to detect said eavesdropping. We could always just pass notes or something." :)

[sblock=Jemal]
There's bound to be something that needs to be done somewhere else besides what Ashley and Kirth are doing. Or you could even come in where we are and help us, I don't know. Is your character up for some browbeating and interrogating? :D
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Ashley frowned. "I want to move the interrogations to a different room."

She looked at Kevin, "Feel up to some interrogating? Kirth's the only one of us qualified to look for bugs."

With a glance at Kirth Ashley smiled and added, "That, or maybe take a look at the security logs at the time of the robbery? I'm just thinking we should try to do as much as we can right now. Try to get ahead of the game, if possible."

Leif

Adventurer
Kirth Warren

"Why don't we have someone fetch us those security log books, and we can use them as an intimidating prop if nothing else. We'll just tap the cover knowingly and raise an eyebrow while we stare down our 'interviewee'. Kevin, you and I can double team the suspects while Ashley hangs in the background and does her psi thing. If one of us gets a feeling that a good-cop/bad-cop approach might work, let's just go for it, but let's agree now that if one of us jumps sides in the interrogation it's only a tactic to get more information. We're totally on the same side here, no matter what we might say in the heat of an interrogation. That sound good to you? If so, hey, man, don't hold back. Pull out all the stops and let 'em have it! And let ME have it, too, for that matter, if it's what you're feeling at the time. Ashley should be able to monitor us and tell whether we're just BSing or not, and she can call a halt if things get out of hand. Sound ok, Kev? Ashley, you on board with that plan? Or maybe one of you has a different or a better idea? If so, speak up by all means! I'm just spit-balling here."

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=Jemal]
To be honest I thought you were away back there anyway, but what the others have suggested makes sense.

Also, there's not so much requirement to keep the party together, so if Kevin wanted to do some investigating on his own (maybe to search the campus or to find out why Dr. Sushar hasn't come into work yet) then feel free. There will be more for a man of action to do in this adventure; the trouble with PbP is that sometimes the talking can take longer....
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - This probably belongs in the OOC thread, but I thought I'd bump this for Jemal and see if we can't work something out for him. I like his character, and I'd hate for him to feel like he should quit)

Leif

Adventurer
OOC- I second those sentiments, Shayuri! We don't want to see you go Jemal! Let's work out some mutually agreeable solution, ok?

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Moving things forward a bit.

Yaktal arranges for the interrogation to move to another room, a spacious seminar room on another floor with a wide window out onto a balcony over the sea. The window can be polarised to darken the room if need be. Ashley gets no more sense of psychic interference.

Tarvok, the abbai on duty last night, is bought in. Yaktal also gives Kirth a datacrystal with all the security records of last night on it. It fits into the abbai-made datapad that Kirth carries.

Tarvok seems slightly nervous, but answers the questions as best he can. He saw nothing untoward last night, although some of the concert attendees did wander around campus - nothing too unusual in this, and he doesn't think any came up to the research level, although he does volunteer that checking some door access records may give more clues. He hasn't done this, or studied the video records, because when he went off duty he didn't know anything had gone wrong. Certainly no alarms were triggered anywhere in the building which would have alerted him to unauthorised entry.

[sblock=Ashley]
Tarvok is worried that he might be in trouble for something, but there is no sense that you can pick up in his mind that he knows anything that went on. The anxiety is more that he feels he must be in some kind of trouble to be hauled in like this after his shift.
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Kirth Warren

Kirth begins going over the security records on the data crystal. "This may be a long shot, but perhaps, just perhaps, the perpetrator got careless."

Remove ads