Babylon 5: Outrageous Fortune

Dr Simon

Explorer
"He?" Gulati gives a short laugh. "Oh, Ms. Logan, such a patriarchal attitude. This is Abbai - anyone of any importance is she!"

She becomes serious again.

"I've tried reaching them by com, but as far as I know no-one has physically been to either residence yet. Excuse me, Yaktal." She reaches across and calls up a schematic of the city on one of the computer screens. It looks like a three-legged spiral circling out from a central core.
"The main campus is here," says Gulati, indicating the city core. "Mriva lives not far away in what we might call student residences, here." She points to a cluster of globular buildings, looking like a bunch of grapes or (perhaps closer to intent) a cluster of frogspawn. "Sushar lives further out, here." Another globular cluster. "I can give you exact addresses for both."

Leif

Adventurer
Kirth Warren

"Very well, to Mriva's place then? Should we also visit Dr. Sushar's place ourselves? I do see the utility in having another team visit there whilst we are simultaneously at Mriva's, but perhaps we could uncover some clue that they miss?"

Shayuri

First Post
Ashley nods at Kirth.

"I apologize, Gulati...humans sometimes use the male attribution as a generic one. I wasn't paying attention to what I was saying. I'd like for my team to go straight to Mriva's residence. Can you have a security detail go to Sushar's residence and secure it, but have them not disturb anything? We'll go there as soon as we're done at Mriva's. Mostly I just want them to check on Sushar and see if she's all right immediately...then make sure the scene's not tampered with before we arrive."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Eva Gulati spreads her hands.

"I think you overestimate my influence," she says. "I can contact the onshaii and inform that that Dr. Sushar is presumed missing, but I doubt they'll let me determine how they investigate. Still... I can but try." She leaves the seminar room.

"With your permission, I'd like to look into the footage further," says Yaktal. "Something here doesn't quite seem right."

Leif

Adventurer
Kirth Warren

"Of course, Yaktal. I hope you don't mind if I review the footage with you? What is it that troubles you so? What have we overlooked?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
"I'm not sure... it just seems... I don't know. Tampering with security system is quite sophisticated, but this," she points to the footage of the hooded Abbai moving suspiciously down the university corridors, "seems a bit amateur."

Leif

Adventurer
Kirth Warren

"What exactly is it, Yaktal, that causes you to doubt what you see with your very eyes? And why, oh why, would someone give us such an obvious villain rather than a lack of suspects." Kirth may not be as much of a Sherlockian as he thinks, but he does try....

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Misdirection," Ashley says, though it's hard to tell if she's answering Kirth or just musing to herself. "Like a magician. Wave a hand and shoot flowers from your sleeve over here...while you're unlocking the handcuffs on the other side. The question is...if we're meant to see this, what are we being distracted from?"

"Yaktal, is there any other way into the room where the thefts took place? Vent shafts or maintenance crawlspaces or anything like that?"

Remove ads