• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Launches Today!

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
Has anyone played it yet?

Is the interface functional?

Does it have DRM?

Can you install it on multiple machines? If so, can you run local offline multiplayer with one license (similar to the Steam offline mode trick)?

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Or were you asking about running multi player with only 1 human, so you can play the game differently? That was discussed on the EE boards, but I do not recall the answer.

Libramarian

Adventurer
Love these games. Last time I played BGII I had the "Tactics" mod loaded which is crazy difficult. It showed the potential that AD&D has for complex, setpiece battles though.
Did you just ask how to buy one copy, but let multiple people use it? If so, sigh.
What is unreasonable about this question? Console games have free local multiplayer, why shouldn't PC games?

The GOG version of BG does not have DRM, and I'm almost certain you can play it multiplayer locally (I did with the original release back in the day).

Warunsun

First Post
I went to their forum and seen page after page of complaints about this game. I know folks that are having problems are louder. My question is did any of you that bought this game have a good experience getting it running under Windows 7 (64 bit)? Thanks.

Dire Bare

Legend
I went to their forum and seen page after page of complaints about this game. I know folks that are having problems are louder. My question is did any of you that bought this game have a good experience getting it running under Windows 7 (64 bit)? Thanks.

Just about any forum, for any game, I've visited is filled with complaints. But I'm waiting for the PC Gamer review before buying. It's not all that expensive in money, but priceless in nostalgia.

dd.stevenson

Super KY

Yep, sure did. Works all right. Not wonderfully stable--I've had about two crashes in six hours' play time--but it's good enough for getting on with. The new characters seem pretty legit.

Not supporting the intel integrated chip was a bad move. I'm afraid it's really going to hold the project back.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Not supporting the intel integrated chip was a bad move. I'm afraid it's really going to hold the project back.

Indeed. I just got a refund on realising my laptop couldn't run the game, but having said that, at least the refund was quick!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads