Ban edition war baiting in sigs and status lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
True, but why should you have to ignore crass people. Why not call them on being crass?

Because, like beauty, ugliness is in the eye of the beholder.

As a purely practical matter, it is not possible for us to eliminate everything that everyone might find offensive, and world experience has shown that if you try, people simply find new things to become offended at. So, we don't play that game.

We cannot, and do not want to, be your mommies and daddies, or thought police. Those aren't healthy or practical. So, we keep the worst of things in check, and rely on you all to be basically mature people in control of yourselves and willing to be responsible for your actions. This place wouldn't work otherwise, and honestly I wouldn't want to be here if it did.

Part of being mature and responsible is that you can let small stuff slide, or recognizing that you need to take a break when you can't let it slide any more.

...I think this kind of low level stuff does build up and is a big factor in the sensitivity of some of the 4e defenders.

I think we're generally of the opinion that editions don't need to be defended - they're game products, not helpless maidens. Maybe if folks stopped worrying about defending games, they'd not feel the sting of slings and arrows nearly so much.

HealTheSquad

First Post
Part of being mature and responsible is that you can let small stuff slide, or recognizing that you need to take a break when you can't let it slide any more.

I fully intend to slide back into lurkerdom after this thread, I just wanted to get a low level annoyance of my chest. It was interesting putting my head above the parapet, but I think I'm too thin skinned to make a habit of it :)

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Well, I am glad to see one person here that actually reads sigs at all. Pretty easy to just skip right over them.

I wonder if my sig counts, it has some digits in it that seem to really offend people.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Well, I am glad to see one person here that actually reads sigs at all. Pretty easy to just skip right over them.

I wonder if my sig counts, it has some digits in it that seem to really offend people.

Not offensive, but I thought the mods a while back asked everyone to take out red font from sigs, because that was now officially a "moderator color"?

DumbPaladin

First Post
Can we please close this thread now?

The suggestion to impose unilateral censorship is unrealistic and insulting. This entire discussion does seem like an attempt to troll, and there's nothing positive that's going to come out of further discussion.

Some guy dislikes signatures. Okay, we all know that now. I'll file that with other things I'm not that concerned about. Time to move on!

Thanks.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian

Actually, Dave, your sig has red text in it, something we go through and change when we see it. Can you please pick a different color than red or dark orange?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads