Bane weapon = +7???

Blib

First Post
If you had a +5 weapon that also had bane on it would it act as a +7 weapon against the baned type?

Or is +5 the max no matter what?

EOL

First Post
Otherwise it would be kind of pointless since bane itself is a +2 enhancement. In fact now that I look at it why would't you (except for the +4, +5 example) ever get a bane weapon?

EOL

First Post
Mal Malenkirk said:

+2D6 of damage against the specified enemy type.
Ahhh! That's what I get for posting while I try and prep tommorrow nights adventure, all the while on heavy painkillers....

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
EOL said:
Ahhh! That's what I get for posting while I try and prep tommorrow nights adventure, all the while on heavy painkillers....

Yeah, drugs are a wonderful way to help you prepare an adventure.

Are there going to be dire pink rabbits and flying cows?

;)

Deadguy

First Post
Whee-hee!

Mal Malenkirk said:

;)

Well, I've been preparing adventures under the influence of powerful painkillers for several years now. :eek:

So far, I seem to have muddled by. I might occasionally have got a little 'overenthusuastic' in playing some of the NPCs (wandering around, shouting at the players, or sitting under the table), but it doesn't seem to have destroyed play. You just need understanding players, who know what you mean when you say that you are feeling 'fluffy'! :D

EOL

First Post
Mal Malenkirk said:

;)
I think I ended up with fuzzy yellow Tarrasques and pink great wyrm dragons...

jontherev

First Post
Back on topic (sort of), why even create a Bane weapon from a minmax POV? I'd MUCH rather create a Holy weapon and get the 2d6 bonus vs. most monsters than an OCCASIONAL extra +2 enhancement bonus. I'd only get one of these BAne weapons if they were part of treasure, personally.

Remove ads