• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Basic Game cover mockup

TheBlueKnight

Explorer
So I'm not sure how to put in thumbnails of these covers that link to larger versions.

I agree that the logo and bar are hard to read on the red dragon. I adjusted the cover so that those elements have a white border around them making them stand out more. I also found a much higher resolution version of the dragon and repositioned the artwork and titles slightly. I tried a version where all the red elements were black and they had just too little pop and would need the white outline as well to stand out.

This version is about 164 dpi when printed 8.5 inches wide.

Basic-Rules-Dragon-HQ.jpg

shadow

First Post
I really like the mockup covers. Now this is what I want to see more of - scenes of action and adventure, not some characters standing around trying to do kewl posses (i.e. the 4e PHB covers).

TheBlueKnight

Explorer
Thanks for all the feedback and compliments!

With the thought that they might offer a print version, or for those of you who might print it yourself, here's a super-sized 300 DPI 18.1 inch by 11.1 inch Player's Handbook cover sized version of a full cover mockup inspired by the pictures of the cover mockups posted online.

I had to reverse the graphic of the red dragon, but that allowed the claws to grace the back! Sorry for the size, I wanted to make it at least 300 dpi so the text would look ok when printed. (At least I hope it does.)

The back cover also, doesn't fully match the official ones as I didn't want to have to trace all of the jagged webbing.

To get the best effect, you might need to save it and open it in an image viewer.

Enjoy!

Basic-Game-Full-Cover.jpg

TheBlueKnight

Explorer
Any chance that you might be able to do an A4 version of cover us no US folks :) please.

Sure! It'll probably be tomorrow (at least 8 hours from when I posted this) as it is late and I am going to bed haha!

I'll try and make Letter (8.5 in. x 11 in.) Front and Back covers as well as A4 (297mm x 210mm?) Front and Back.

The dimensions of the full cover I posted above (11.1 in. (H) x 8.6 in. (W) x 0.9 in (Thick)) come from the dimensions of the 3.5E Player's Handbook listed on Amazon.com. (8.6*2+0.9=18.1 in. wide by 11.1 in tall)

I also noticed a missing 'and' on the back and I'll try and remember to fix that as well. ;)

Thanks!

TheBlueKnight

Explorer
Here's my attempt :p

I was looking at that image thinking, "Wow, that's really nice!" Then I saw the link. You had me going there, hehe.

Anyway that's cool, I'll have to check that rules PDF out!

Edit: I thought the PDF was the entire rules, but it's just the Table of Contents. Still cool though!

Last edited:

Remove ads