• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Batman's Martial Arts

Samloyal23

Adventurer
Clark Kent can still do jumping jacks, sit-ups, go jogging, &c - the things where you mostly interact with yourself, not the equipment.
Superman can get leg exercise by jumping over tall buildings in a single bound (no flying to assist).
Superman can get arm exercise by picking up the aforesaid buildings for weightlifting.

The only way for a Kryptonian to have a challenging workout while under a yellow sun would be through body weight exercises and isometrics. Even with these techniques, it takes a long time to see even a small improvement.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
Oh definitely for that reason and only because we are both silly people

Bartitsu (Doyle spelled it wrong) is a serious and effective martial art created by a British soldier who travelled around Asia, where he spent some time learning martial arts. It is a fairly complete art, including grappling, strikes, and weapon techniques.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Yes I am also familiar with Bartitsu

but I was specifically referencing Batmans link to Sherlock Holmes and Baritsu :) - silly me
hey we playeth games where people imagine themselves as elves and other things and throw dice to see what happens its kind of a universal thing around here I suppose.

Clark Kent can still do jumping jacks, sit-ups, go jogging, &c - the things where you mostly interact with yourself, not the equipment.
Superman can get leg exercise by jumping over tall buildings in a single bound (no flying to assist).
Superman can get arm exercise by picking up the aforesaid buildings for weightlifting.
That is not what you are supposed to do with a fitness studio. Or any building.

Remove ads