• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Battlemaster Gunslinger?

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
Has anyone else noticed what a great Gunslinger the Battlemaster Fighter makes, right out of the box?

Obviously, you have to swap medium and heavy armor proficiency for firearms, but after that you have a free artisan tool proficiency (for a gunsmith's kit), an enemy reading ability that might as well be called Showdown, a herd of Maneuvers many of which would make excellent trick shots, and an active superiority die restoration mechanic that really represents True Grit.

The only weirdness is the Strength and Constitution saving throws, and those are really odd for any Dexterity-based fighter.

Just wondering if anyone else had seen this. I was working on converting a player's Pathfinder drow Mysterious Stranger Gunslinger to a D&D5 Hunter Ranger and just happened to glance past the Battlemaster archetype. I was pretty surprised! And my player is very satisfied with the outcome.

This makes me wish ENWorld had a fanmade class feature database for D&D5, because it looks like all I'm going to have to do for this character is convert a few Deeds into Maneuvers.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads