Battlestar Speculation

Mallus

Legend
Oddly, I don't care much about the identity of the last of the Final Five. I just want it made clear by the series' end that everyone on the show is a Cylon, which would mean they're all equally human, for better or (usually) worse.

Last edited:

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Mallus said:
I just want it made clear by the series' end that everyone on the show is a Cylon...

I no longer subscribe to that theory.

I admit I think it will be Zarick, Dea or Gaeta. But I've got no thoughts on when they will reveal this final bit of information.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Mallus said:
I just want it made clear by the series' end that everyone on the show is a Cylon...

I no longer subscribe to that theory.

I admit I think it will be Zarick, Dea or Gaeta. But I've got no thoughts on when they will reveal this final bit of information.

Azgulor

Adventurer
Mallus said:
Oddly, I don't care much about the identity of the last of the Final Five. I just want it made clear by the series' end that everyone on the show is a Cylon, which would mean they're all equally human, for better or (usually) worse.

Except for the glowing red spinal columns?

Mallus

Legend
Azgulor said:
Except for the glowing red spinal columns?
I didn't say they were all the same make and model. My pet theory for a long time was that the Colonials weren't the original human race, just another artificial life form, probably created by the human Lords of Kobol.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure that won't turn out to be true, but I think the show will end up the same place: with a recognition that humans and Cylons are the same. Now whether that means they live in peace or mutually destroy one another, I'm not sure.

Arnwyn

First Post
Mallus said:
To be honest, I'm pretty sure that won't turn out to be true, but I think the show will end up the same place: with a recognition that humans and Cylons are the same.
I think that's probably where they're (trying) to go with it.

Though, if it is the case, I think they're doing a tremendously bad job. You know, with the whole "cylons can plug their arms into computers" and "resurrection" thing (among others) going on. After seasons of showing us that cylons really are extremely different, they'd be pretty disingenuous by trying to load any other bits of bull on us.

But then, I accept that anything is possible in this show, after I witness them just making things up as they went along (Final Five cylons) and the show making a big hullabaloo about Hera when we now see it's relatively common/no big deal.

Glad it's the last season. I'm in it for the dog fights.

Mallus

Legend
Arnwyn said:
Though, if it is the case, I think they're doing a tremendously bad job. You know, with the whole "cylons can plug their arms into computers" and "resurrection" thing (among others) going on. After seasons of showing us that cylons really are extremely different, they'd be pretty disingenuous by trying to load any other bits of bull on us.
I don't think they're doing such a bad job in that regard. Cylons are physically different from the Colonials, but they're essentially alike morally, ethically, and spiritually. Despite the fact that they're robots, the Cylons are people too.

I've found most aliens in SF are people (Data, Spock, Speaker-to-Animals). Alieness is usually just a tool SF authors use to tell stories about human beings.

re: the dogfights... yeah, they're pretty spectacular.

Harmon

First Post
In all the guessing here I didn't see the one name I thought of-

Zack Adama

Course anyone with parents is kinda out because Cyclone/human babies are suppose to have only happened once (didn't the Chief have a kid?).

So anyways, nice thread, and if I missed the guess- sorry, its late, I am tired, and very little sleep the last few days.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
We still don't know anything about Gaeta's or Dea's parents and little about their backgrounds. We know too much about Zack for him to a Cylon, though it would be interesting if the Final Cylon had be killed (no mulligan-rebirths) by the other Cylons.

Remove ads