Battlezoo Shares The OGL v1.1

Battlezoo, the YouTube channel which shared the initial leak of the new Open Game License, has shared the PDF of the OGL v1.1 draft which is currently circulating. This draft is, presumably, the same document obtained by Gizmodo last week. It's not currently known if this is the final version of the license.

Jadeite

Open Gaming Enthusiast
According to rumour (screenshots of tweets I saw this morning somewhere, I can't find them right now), WoTC are currently in full Fuhrer Bunker mode. No one wants to speak up for fear of getting fired. It sounds as if they're paralysed. Sane people at WoTC know they ought to be issuing a conciliatory press release, but the boss is in Evil Emperor mode and they don't dare tell her. That's the rumour anyway.
Now I want to see "Der Untergang" memes of this.
If Steiner's movie gets released, everything will be all right.

I'm honestly impressed WotC didn't say anything and we're now into Tuesday.

There's got to be a lot going on.
According to rumour (screenshots of tweets I saw this morning somewhere, I can't find them right now), WoTC are currently in full Fuhrer Bunker mode. No one wants to speak up for fear of getting fired. It sounds as if they're paralysed. Sane people at WoTC know they ought to be issuing a conciliatory press release, but the boss is in Evil Emperor mode and they don't dare tell her. That's the rumour anyway.
Colour me skeptical.

Companies like WotC, run by dyed-in-the-wool corporate types, rather than "big personalities" (ugh) rarely go into Fuhrer Bunker mode. They go into Panic Mode absolutely, but not the "Don't speak up or get fired" mode, because that's normally a function of some "big personality" (or a small number of those) having an ego crisis. Also, senior people in companies like this? Even if you fire them they find another job in 10 minutes. So it's just not likely in my view.

It also doesn't work because they're in negotiations with 3PPs, as we know for a fact, and those 3PPs will be happily telling exactly how badly this is going down. They've already been threatened with total annihilation lol.

reelo

Hero
Fitting...
5c3fcfef88f7220d4d54eb07381206b7.jpg

Fitting...
5c3fcfef88f7220d4d54eb07381206b7.jpg
I mean, I know everyone always loves to blame a woman if a woman is within a miles of an event, but let's not pretend that Chris Cocks isn't Cynthia Williams' boss, and that Dan Rawson isn't VP of D&D. Pulling her out of the middle of that chain of command is pure sexism, frankly.

If you want to line all three of them up, sure. Otherwise, maybe don't spread really obviously sexist memes? Just a thought.

S'mon

Legend
I mean, I know everyone always loves to blame a woman if a woman is within a miles of an event, but let's not pretend that Chris Cocks isn't Cynthia Williams' boss, and that Dan Rawson isn't VP of D&D. Pulling her out of the middle of that chain of command is pure sexism, frankly.

If you want to line all three of them up, sure. Otherwise, maybe don't spread really obviously sexist memes? Just a thought.

The reason I suspect Williams over Cocks is that Cocks headed WoTC for a while and never made any noises in this direction at the time. It seems to have only started when Williams came in. Then there was the leaked investor call. I don't think it's sexist to suspect that she is the prime mover on this.

The reason I suspect Williams over Cocks is that Cocks headed WoTC for a while and never made any noises in this direction at the time. It seems to have only started when Williams came in. Then there was the leaked investor call. I don't think it's sexist to suspect that she is the prime mover on this.
The investor call was not leaked. It was public and it had to be to comply with SEC Reg FD (fair disclosure).

reelo

Hero

Hey, it's just convenient because both are called "Willams". If one, or both people had been male, the joke would still work.

Hey, it's just convenient because both are called "Willams". If one, or both people had been male, the joke would still work.
There's nothing about the name in the meme. And the meme probably wouldn't have been made and definitely wouldn't have been the sexist "hold my chardonnay" (because women don't drink beer, amirite? Thingsnerdsbelieve.com) tag. So come off it.

Reynard

Legend
Heh, I hope Paizo does, because the gaming community needs a safe haven (again).

At the same time, I sympathize with the costs that Paizo would have to undertake.
I don't think there is any chance PF2 is the game. Not because it isn't good, or because Paizo isn't a strong company, but because it is too complex for the kind of casual players that have pushed 5E to its current heights. A PF3 would have to severely curtail the very elements that differentiate it from D&D, and even then there would be no guarantee of success.

Remove ads

Remove ads