Battlezoo Shares The OGL v1.1

Battlezoo, the YouTube channel which shared the initial leak of the new Open Game License, has shared the PDF of the OGL v1.1 draft which is currently circulating. This draft is, presumably, the same document obtained by Gizmodo last week. It's not currently known if this is the final version of the license.

If you can't see how changing beer to chardonnay is sexist, you have a broken sexism detector.

Or possibly you have no idea what chardonnay is I guess, but then you were presumably perplexed by the meme.
I still don’t get how Chardonnay is sexist. Was “yuppy” the only time I remember it being something that you pointed out. A “Chardonnay Drinker” could be any gender in that context and a beer drinker would certainly outrank them. That is what I don’t get, why is that sexist? I mean, I drink Chardonnay occasionally and I am not a woman.

That is the reason that I think that this is a board level thing. Which would explain the Furher Bunker stuff. Cocks was not planning to do this but get the top job and Hasbro is having a bad year by overgrazing the Magic meadow. Some wants monetization and to do that they need to kill the OGL, Cocks is Keitel, Williams is Jodl, Hitler, Goebbels and Boorman are the Hasbro board ;)
It would be remarkably rare for a Board to engage in such low level tactics. They could give advice to the CEO that his targets are too low. This is not the CFO being caught running away with bags of cash and her handsome assistant over her shoulder level of managment crisis.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
It would be remarkably rare for a Board to engage in such low level tactics. They could give advice to the CEO that his targets are too low. This is not the CFO being caught running away with bags of cash and her handsome assistant over her shoulder level of managment crisis.
The already had a board room battle to spin off Wizards as a separate public company. This may have been the response to that.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
In addition, the specifics of the plan may as a result of board or investor pressure. I mean there was an actual board level bun fight about Wizards.

ilgatto

How inconvenient
I don't follow. People have the PDFs and/or printed copied of AD&D. They don't need the OGL.
Well, being one of with a strong focus on playing old editions of D&D, I was suggesting that having a strong focus on playing old editions of D&D may not be such a bad thing.
Pray forgive the confusion. :)

Edit: Drat. That should, of course, be "being one with a strong focus".

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Which would explain the Furher Bunker stuff. Cocks was not planning to do this but get the top job and Hasbro is having a bad year by overgrazing the Magic meadow. Some wants monetization and to do that they need to kill the OGL, Cocks is Keitel, Williams is Jodl, Hitler, Goebbels and Boorman are the Hasbro board ;)

Mod Note:
I warned folks yesterday to stop such analogies. You have chosen not to listen. So, you are done in this thread.

Let us be clear - you are comparing a bad IP license with genocide. That's messed up - lacking all sense of proportion. It's insulting to those who actually bore the brunt of the real event.

So, don't do this, folks, or anything remotely like it.

Xohar17

Explorer
Not that folks won’t try, but without the OGL they’ll all have to stray too far from 5e’s mechanical basis to fill the same niche for a large enough portion of the fan base. We’re more likely to see lots of new fantasy heartbreakers with no clear frontrunner to take 5e’s place.
But suposedly you cant copyright mechanics or rules only the expresion of those mechanics itself, so someone can in fact make a game that plays exactly like 5e, but the rules are written differently, and it would be perfectly legal.

Remove ads

Remove ads