Battlezoo Shares The OGL v1.1

Battlezoo, the YouTube channel which shared the initial leak of the new Open Game License, has shared the PDF of the OGL v1.1 draft which is currently circulating. This draft is, presumably, the same document obtained by Gizmodo last week. It's not currently known if this is the final version of the license.

mangamuscle

Explorer
... but there is still a chance for WotC to back out of this disaster
I can bet you that is not the case, quite the oṕposite any rewriting they might be doing at the moment is merely to amplify the "shock & awe" intimitadition factor, in their minds this is a already fait accompli and their are already planning later stages of their plan of world domination of the tabletop.

Reynard

Legend
Its confirmed by Kickstarter, so it's very real, but there is still a chance for WotC to back out of this disaster, not unscathed, but before they completely destroy One D&D & 5e, it's still not fully released.
1) Even if they did, it couldn't be trusted. They have shown us this is their ultimate goal. 2) This isn't going to hurt 1D&D. I would be surprised if the outrage was big enough to hurt the sales on Keys or the box office on the movie.

EDIT: Disregard this table please, nothing to see here but my lack of understanding... move along...

People should play more BRP... $50K is not 25% of $1M.

Your RevenueWizards' 25% cutYou're left with...
$745,000$0$745,000
$750,000$187,500$562,500
$800,000$200,000$600,000
$900,000$225,000$675,000
$1,000,000$250,000$750,000
Yikes. You don’t understand the new Proposed OGL at all.

The folks abandoning the OGL and Monte Cook games looking to revise their license and one of the artchitects of 5e putting all his 5e stuff on sale to be pulled from the market by FRIDAY. To Russ accelerating the PDF schedule to yesterday for his book not due till March.

Did you not see any of this? That's just kinda the tip of the iceburg too.
Fair point but I find some of their responses a little reactionary. If it was me I am not making any decisions until the dust settles and things are final.

Remove ads

Remove ads