D&D General Beadle & Grimm's Matthew Lillard Launches D&D-themed Bourbon

The new super-premium bourbon whiskey line starts with the Paladin, will expand to 16 total RPG-inspired liquors.

Matthew Lillard announced his newest RPG-related project with the launch of Quest’s End, a custom line of bourbon whiskey.

Quests-End-Paladin-Bourbon-1536x1255.jpg

The first in the line of limited edition, "super-premium" whiskeys will be the Paladin from the boutique company Blue Run Spirits. The custom bottle includes a dragon head embossed on the neck, a crest on the front, a hit point tracker along the side, and a dungeon map on the back visible through the bottle. The whiskey itself is a blend of straight bourbon bottled at 100 proof from Blue Run Spirits and distilled in Kentucky and Indiana.

Beadle & Grimm co-founder Lillard is joined by screenwriter Justin Ware and Blue Run co-founder Tim Sparapani to create the line, joined by Kate Welch (Acquisitions Inc. performer and former Wizards of the Coast developer) to refine the flavor profiles and sci-fi artist Tyler Jacobson (Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder, Magic: The Gathering) providing illustrations and maps. Plans are to eventually expand the line to 16 character-inspired liquors, but aside from Paladin, we currently only know the next three: Rogue, Warlock, and Dragon.

In an interview with Hollywood Reporter, Scooby-Doo and Hackers star Lillard described the reason for starting with the Paladin:

We wanted to build something that allowed us the ability to control our own destiny. The idea of a Paladin is somebody that has a vision; a really strong belief. We thought it was a great way to start our story: with somebody that has a conviction that she fully believes in. And we feel the same way about this company, the idea of building stuff for fandoms.

Quest’s End Paladin will be available on October 6 and there will be a 48-hour pre-sale for those who sign up on the website. It is not clear if the bourbon will come with the free dice bag in the style made famous by the Canadian whisky brand Crown Royal.

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

Reynard

Legend
It’s not so much because it’s high end gamer stuff, just that I think 5E stuff is barely worth the regular price if that.

Spelljammer was received mostly negatively I can’t imagine someone spending hundreds on it.
I don't think Spelljammer was received "mostly negatively." It's reviews seem to be hovering in the 3.5/5 range which is decidedly "okay." Note: I don't own it and have no interest in it, so I am just relying on the broader internet for evaluation.

More importantly, the B&G stuff is less about the actual product and more about the production values and fun extras.

Abstruse

Legend
I don't think Spelljammer was received "mostly negatively." It's reviews seem to be hovering in the 3.5/5 range which is decidedly "okay." Note: I don't own it and have no interest in it, so I am just relying on the broader internet for evaluation.

More importantly, the B&G stuff is less about the actual product and more about the production values and fun extras.
Also, B&G aren't the ones writing the material and their license probably means they can't pick and choose which products to offer based on which ones turn out good. Even if they have time to figure out which ones are good or not before they have to start placing orders with manufacturers.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads