Before the Rise of Tiamat

Envisioner

Explorer
OOC: Ishka's Bless spell boosts her up to a 20 on her save. CoyoteCode Dice Roller

Grimnir's spell lashes out at Ishka, but she dances to one side, trailing a streamer of red energy which catches the brunt of his watery blast. She still catches one curl of the wave, which burns her flesh like acid, but it's little more than a splash of mud from a roadside puddle, and washes away in a moment.
this is post 112.
"That's not how that spell works, dwarf! Let me show you how it's done!" Ishka spreads the five fingers of one hand, waves the hand sinuously, crooks the fingers toward you, and unleashes five streamers of varicolored flame.

OOC: Sacred Flame for 6 damage: CoyoteCode Dice Roller
Roll me a save, please!

Envisioner

Explorer
Fortunately, while Ishka is gloating about having won the cleric-off, she forgets to prompt Zigmar to do in the hill dwarf, and the surviving hatchet-man defaults to his immediate grudge against Lyle, rather than making the more tactically sound choice to even the odds in the fight.

OOC: I need to roll a concentration save for Ishka and then an attack for Zigmar, but CoyoteCode seems to be down, so you'll just have to take my word for it that I rolled physical dice. Ishka got a 19, so Bless is still up; Zigmar rolls 13+4 plus his normal 4, so I'm pretty sure Lyle is hit. And the damage die comes up a 6, so it's 7 total. Sorry guys, my dice don't seem to like you.

gnarlygninja

Explorer
Lyle's been hit harder by stronger men, but he really can't remember when. "I was trying to help you see your friend again, and this is the thanks I get?!"

OOC: Down to 3 hit points myself now

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mornok grumbles incoherently as he raises his hand again, aiming for Ishka. This time he actually got the spell off, but still missed his mark. Grumbling he drew his warhammer and bore down on the thug, hoping to give the man a reason to worry.

Fire Bolt: 1d20+5 9 1d10 3
Well, at least it's not another crit fail. LOL

gnarlygninja

Explorer
Lyle feets lightheaded after the blow. He reaches into his belt for his second dagger, stabbing at Zagmar with the short sword at the same time. This time it bit deep into the man. "Tell your friend I said hello." Lyle darts past Zagmar and slices his dagger at the priestess. "I don't have anything clever for you just...die."

Attacking Zagmar, then using my bonus action for a piddly attack against the priestess.
_: 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26
Attack roll for Zagmar
_: 4D6+4 = [2, 6, 4, 1]+4 = 17
damage roll for Zagmar

_: 1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20
Dagger attack
_: 1D4 = [4] = 4
dagger damage

Envisioner

Explorer
Zigmar is run completely through; you came within an inch of entirely severing his aorta and killing him instantly, but he definitely won't make another movement for hours if not days, assuming he manages not to bleed out within the next minute. The dagger hits Ishka somewhere in the thigh-hip-intestines area (hard to tell which through the robe), and she gasps in anguish.

Grimnir, you're up. Will the villain manage to escape, or can you put her down?

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Out of breath from the magical beating he just received, Grimnir marrows his eyes. No more threats, not a word does he speak, as with the defiance that marks a dwarf he steps forwards to swing his warhammer at his competitor.

He lands a solid hit.

OOC: I hope this ends her, because we’re very low on hp and I can’t heal us until after a long rest...

Warhammer: 1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24
1D8+3 = [3]+3 = 6

Envisioner

Explorer
Ishka goes down from this final hammer-blow, but in the process she shrieks loudly enough that you immediately begin hearing shouts from other cultists. They probably don't know whether she's one of their members or just another innocent victim pleading for help, but either way they're coming to investigate. You guys had best find a way of evading notice!

OOC: Feel free to invent some terrain, architecture, horticulture or the like, which would presumably exist in a typical medieval village, that you can hide in.

Remove ads