• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Behind the Curtain - OOC (full)

Rybaer

First Post
hero4hire said:
Just wanted to say that I am back on the boards..I will see if I can ristle up a copy of Kombat

Good to see you back. When you have a chance, try to come up with a short backstory. I know we'd kinda worked out your "reason" for being in Coast City, but a little more material for me to work with would help.

Rybaer

First Post
Okay, I got Soundtrack posted again, with some additional background info.

Still need Velmont and Mimic to post characters. (Mimic, I'll let you post your own from the file Velmont recovered...that way you can edit it in the future if you like.)

Rybaer

First Post
Chapter 4's thread is up here. Just a summary of Ch03 (covering what was lost in the crash) and a little of what has happened in the few weeks since.

I'll be posting a short intro for Soundtrack next. Kombat's intro will be covered in the first "official" post. Please try to wrap up any last bits for your character sheets and/or backstory.

Rybaer

First Post
Game on! First official post is up. Have at it.

With regards to your new headquarters...I haven't given a lot of thought to just what it'll contain yet. Don't expect anything too fancy or "fiction-tech" such as combat simulators. Not without a good explanation, anyway. At the moment, it's about 50% complete. Assume you have a large indoor garage/machine shop, meeting and living quarters, bedrooms, showers and rest rooms, gym, communications room, storage, as well as several public offices such as reception area and briefing rooms.

Access to the building is biometric - retinal scan as well as facial bitmapping. A back up system allows for thumbprint and verbal password, but that system will result in a one-minute delay in the doors opening. One of the more functional systems in the building at the moment is a state of the art security system that monitors the entire facility by sound and motion and is capable of deploying a knock-out gas in isolated areas depending on the system's settings.

We can hash out other details later (as construction is finished). Any suggestions are welcome.

hero4hire

Explorer
Rybaer said:
Good to see you back. When you have a chance, try to come up with a short backstory. I know we'd kinda worked out your "reason" for being in Coast City, but a little more material for me to work with would help.

Okay this is where I will need some help. :)

I know Jorgi cost the Russian Mafia aka "The Syndicate" some heavy cash (3 mil?)

They dispatched a Hitman who has Psychokinetic abilities to take out Jorgi.

I figured Ivan would be working for Russian Intelligence or Police, his partner was killed while encountering this same assassin therefor making it "personal"

What info do you want me to have on this telekinetic hitman? and or "The Syndicate?"

Edit Tweaked Character to reflect this background. Would've given him Contact type feats but he actually has gone AWOL to track down killer.

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
hero4hire said:
Okay this is where I will need some help. :)

I know Jorgi cost the Russian Mafia aka "The Syndicate" some heavy cash (3 mil?)

They dispatched a Hitman who has Psychokinetic abilities to take out Jorgi.

I figured Ivan would be working for Russian Intelligence or Police, his partner was killed while encountering this same assassin therefor making it "personal"

What info do you want me to have on this telekinetic hitman? and or "The Syndicate?"

Edit Tweaked Character to reflect this background. Would've given him Contact type feats but he actually has gone AWOL to track down killer.

Okay, your hitman was originally just a petty criminal without much of a future. He managed to work his way into the mafia by way of his utter disregard for human life. He'd been pegged by the authorities as someone to watch, but on whom they didn't have enough concrete evidence to put him away. They'd hoped he would lead them to bigger fish.

After the energy curtains passed, however, he exhibited a rather potent set of metahuman powers. He has telekinetic powers, which have been observed to allow him to lift over ten tons with ease. He can also fly. With his new powers, he could easily have gone on a solo crime spree and ended up with much more wealth than the mafia would provide. Authorities suspect that he stayed with them for loyalty reasons, or possibly blackmail. He is now their top hitman and enforcer and is much feared throughout the underworld. He is wanted for seven murders, three of which were police officers.

Ivan has evidence that points him to coming to Coast City in search of Jorgi, who they believe caused great financial harm to the mafia. Whether it was to kill him or for other reasons is unknown.

Feel free to add any other color details you like.

Remove ads