• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Behind the Curtain - OOC (full)

Rybaer

First Post
Velmont said:
I have reworked the stats a bit. Some change I have made:

-Elasticity became Alternate Form, for lack of simplicity.
-Immunities have been removed from Feat List and joined with Alternate Form.
-Flaw: Full Effect removed
-Flaw: Limited-Poison added to Drain. Yeah, there was nothing telling that the drain was a poison, so the immunity Poison was useless against my power, and I could use it against robots, construct or undeads... so I've added this flaw to represent that fact.
-Skills have been rework to balance the character PP cost.

The background is evolving in my head and will be written on the start of this week.

Cool, looks good. I missed that bit about the drain not technically being a poison attack. Makes a bit more sense now.

Velmont

First Post
Rybaer said:
Cool, looks good. I missed that bit about the drain not technically being a poison attack. Makes a bit more sense now.

Just a question. The save of Drain is Will, but a Poison would be Fortitude, but there is no way I know to switch the save. SO I will let your choice to choose to be a Fortitude or Will save.

Rybaer

First Post
Velmont said:
Just a question. The save of Drain is Will, but a Poison would be Fortitude, but there is no way I know to switch the save. SO I will let your choice to choose to be a Fortitude or Will save.

You can go ahead and change it to Fortitude. I think it makes more sense with this being a poison attack. Just make a clear note on the character sheet so I don't forget.

Rybaer

First Post
Keia - I'm not sure how far along you are with your concept, but I've noted a significant hole in the group make-up thus far: a good, charismatic frontman. Two of the others have very bizarre appearances, at least when they're "active", and the third has his unsettling static aura.

Not trying to force you down a specific path, just making an observation. :)

Radiant

First Post
Rybaer said:
Keia - I'm not sure how far along you are with your concept, but I've noted a significant hole in the group make-up thus far: a good, charismatic frontman. Two of the others have very bizarre appearances, at least when they're "active", and the third has his unsettling static aura.

OhcomeonJorgiismisunderstood. Maybehewouldbelikedmoreifhedidn'ttalksodamnfast. :)

Mimic

First Post
Rybaer said:

What do you mean? Granite would be a good frontman, I can see it now:

Scene: TV crew appears after a huge fight.

Reporter: Excuse me, this is John Doe from WKRP, can we get a few words please.

Granite: Get that camera out of my face before I shove it up your a---

*Image on tv screen suddenly goes to static*

See, he would make a great spokesman. :lol:

Rybaer

First Post
Hmmm...I see. Well, I guess it all just depends on the spin you'd like to place on your public persona. Jorgi - chatty. Granite - direct. :)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Rybaer said:

No problem, I was working on a sorcery character. I may still use that power but go with the force of personality (psionic) type of Sorcery power. Perhaps a self-help guru who found that he can really help others.

Keia

Radiant

First Post
bakcground coming. I don't know what happened since normaly I don't get to play on these boards at all but in the last days I actually had to create three characters. Maybe I won't be cursed to only be a GM forever.

Velmont

First Post
"So you want me to find your brother. You know, it will cost much more than usual. I don't work usually on mutant case. If you want to help me in those research, give me all information you have. Everything, you may think something is useless when it could help me."

"Thank you for your help. Let me tell you what has happen in the last years. If I lost myself, tell it. I was about 5 years ago when my father found my brother in the middle of a robbery. As I told you earlier, my father is in the police. At that time, he was patrolling the streets. He had receieved a call for an electronic sho who's alarm had been started. As he was near the place, they have gone there, and as there was no traffic, they didn't go there as a priority call, to have a chnace to take the robber on the spot. They arrest 3 kids, and one of them was Lawrence. That was a tragedy for my father. He is so straight, and seeing is own son stealing was like he would had recieved a dagger in the heart. So, Lawrence get 2 years of forced labor in the community, but it was nothing compare to what my father give to my brother. He was almost in a jail during those two years. He had no right to be outside home, except when he was in school and in his labors. If he was 5 minutes late, it was troubles for him.

During those two years, I was the only person he could see freely, and I gave him the support I could. He told me he had lost contact with his old friends, that they didn't want the son of a policeman in there gang. That hurt pretty much him, as not only his father, but his friends were leaving him.

At the end of those two years, my father became more relax, he Lawrence start to live a normal live again. He joined a handball team. I was going once in a while at those game. But a game was particulary special. It was six month after the start of those prismatic light in the sky. At that time, nobody knew he was a mutant, maybe he wasn't yet, but I have doubt today. He was playing, and the star player on the opposing team, Peter, didn't seem to like him much. Lawrence talk about him once. He said he was bad loser, pretty arrogant, he would have liked to teach him a lesson, as he was always blasting him or making fun of him, as he was not really good at handball. That match was his revenge, for Lawrence. He was handling the ball as no one on the floor, dodging like no one. Where Peter had the fastest and the strongest arm, Lawrence had the finest play. You should have take a look at Peter. Bad loser is a compliment. He was so angry at him that he tried volontary to throw the ball on Lawrence's head. Lawrence was looking at his player, so he had no chance to see the ball coming. At the last moment, he dodged theball, just as if he had seen it, and it is the player he was watching who recieved the ball on the nose. The match had to be stopped so that poor guy could go to the hospital.

At that moment, I thought it was a share of luck and good moral. But another stange event happen. Lawrence was complaining he was finding spiders in his room every morning. My father call the exterminator. That guy put poison all over the room and told it should work, but he was suprise to see an infestation of spider, that it was the first time he was seeing that. The next day, Lawrence never wake up. My mother found him in a delirious coma in his bed. He was carried at the hospital. The doctor found he was poisonned with insecticide. The exterminator come back to the house, removed all the traps, didn't charge eand even pay the bill at the hospital, and said the only way that his traps could had poison him was if my brother had ate the content of the trap itself. After a week, he was back home. And he had to support the spiders, that was still there, but with time, they become more rare, killing one or two per weeks instead of per day.

Now , what I will tell you was reported to me by Yannick, the best friend of Lawrence. They are friend since their youth, even while Lawrence was in his gang, Yannick was his only friend outside the gang. I think things would have become far worst if Yannick wouldn't has been there to support Lawrence. That's happen last week. Lawrence was going to the movie theatre with Jennifer, his new girlfirend and Yannick. Jennifer goes to school with my brother, they both study in sport program. They were on the way back home when some robbers attack them. They were five. One with a gun, the other four with bat and crowbar. They ask for there money, but with the little money my father give to him, he is not very rich, but they gang didn't seem convince when he told them they had nothing. One of the guy, the one with a bat, try to hit my brother, but he dodge the bat, and it seems just unnaturraly fast, that's what Yannick said. The guy with the gun decide to immobolize Lawrence, and shoot him in the leg. Lawrence shout, seems it was painfull, and I have no doubt of it, but the wound became black, and after that, all the skin around the wound. The leg start to fall apart. Yannick was scarred, jennifer too, but Yannick said it was nothing to the fear on Lawrence face. his leg start to fall apart, but instead of black skin, it was spider who was falling. It take a few moment, and Lawrence was gone, and a swarm of spider was walking in direction of the guy with the gun. The four other run away and Jennifer was in Yannick harm. The guy try to shot the swarm, he empty the gun without much effect. The swarm climb on him and it take a few moment before the guy fall on the ground. The swarm regroup after and tranform back into Lawrence. Lawrence look at the thug then at Jennifer and Yannick, and run away. When the paramedic came to take the thugs, he could barely moved. He had been paralysed by some spider poison, but his body was cleaning it.

Since that day, I never saw again my brother, but Yannick receieved an E-mail. It was telling he was sorry of what has happen, that he would not return, fearing to do any harm to anyone. That anyway, he would not be welcome again in his house, and he is not wrong on that. My father think every mutant to be criminals, and when he learned what has happen, he told he would not want to see him again, that was a proof he was worth for nothing... a bit harsh, but I think he will come back to reason in some day, when the shock will be pass, and when my mother will have given him some good sense. The police told they would take a look at it, but I doubt they put it in priority. He needs to be found, and fast, before he do somthing stupid. He is more a danger to himself than any other one.

"Calm down, son. Give me the name of those friends from his gang, where they were operating. I'll start to look there, and give the telephone number of Yannick and Jennifer. And for the bill, I'll make the same price as for humans. Generally, mutant is 50% higher, but because he is a kid..."

---------
Somewhere else

"Come on kid, don't stay there, you'll catch a cold. I have an extra blanket, and the air from that ventilation trap is hot."

The kid walks cautiously up to homeless guy.

"Don't be afraid, I'm not a spider, I don't bite."

"Funny you say that. But you may not like to be with me."

"Let me guess. You're one of those mutant."

"How did you know?"

"It is written in your face. And why would that bother me. I talk to rats and cats, so why I wouldn't talk to a mutant. At least you'll have something interesting to say. Here, take a seat. Want a sanwich. not really fresh, but better than an empty stomach."

"No thanks."

"So, what make you so special."

"What?"

"What you're mutation?"

"I... I can transform into spiders."

"Oh... sorry for what I said earlier. Didn't know."

"No harms done. I just don't quite control it yet. I just discovered that this week."

"Well take a good nap. It will help you. I will go to looks at that bakery. They are about to give the bread they hadn't sold today. Not fresh enough for tommorow, but really good for us. Jasper, come here."

A cat start to walk up to the man.

"Take a look to our new friend. He will need our help tonight."

The kid look at the men with a strange look.

"I was serious when I said I talk to cats and rats..." he say with a smile, and he leaves. The kid pull the blanket over him and stare at the cat for a moment. Jasper, as the man call the cat, was lying down and seems to take a nap. The kid closed his eye, and maybe for once, he would be able to sleep well.

Last edited:

Remove ads