• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Behind the Curtain - OOC (full)

Rybaer

First Post
Sean Connery, Tobey Maguire, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. I think this cast may be pushing our budgetary limits already. :D

Rybaer

First Post
Bumpity-bump-bump.

Any more progress? Still waiting on Keia's character and a couple backgrounds.

I've got my rough outline for the opening story coming along. It would probably help to know what each character is up to in Coast City at the opening...job, living arrangements, etc. Just so I have a starting point from which to pull each of you kicking and screaming into the story. :)

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
sorry, moving to my new place eats all my name. I'll give you a short background so you at least know what my char is about.
Jorgi is a russian hacker who's on the run from the mafia cause he caused them some damage. He will probably have some money and an ID cause his powers over electronics make it easy for him to get that. He most likely just got a place to stay for now.

Rybaer

First Post
Radiant said:
sorry, moving to my new place eats all my name. I'll give you a short background so you at least know what my char is about.
Jorgi is a russian hacker who's on the run from the mafia cause he caused them some damage. He will probably have some money and an ID cause his powers over electronics make it easy for him to get that. He most likely just got a place to stay for now.

Cool. That certainly gives me a much clearer picture of where to get started. And I love built-in enemies in backstories... ;)

Radiant

First Post
Rybaer said:
Cool. That certainly gives me a much clearer picture of where to get started. And I love built-in enemies in backstories... ;)

there won't be any more surprises in the backstory, just don't have time to write it right now. Carrying furniture is soooo not fun :(

Mimic

First Post
Got a couple of questions for my background.

First what age are we looking at? Do you want teenagers? young adults? Or is the age up to us?

Is the city called Central city or Coast City?

I was thinking of putting my guy in the army (no SEAL training or anything) just to help validate his high attack/defense rating and give some reason to why his feats are the way they are. Would this be ok? What attitude does the armed forces have with super humans?

What is the general acceptance of super humans? Do people like them? hate then? Don't care?

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Mimic said:
Got a couple of questions for my background.

First what age are we looking at? Do you want teenagers? young adults? Or is the age up to us?

Is the city called Central city or Coast City?

I was thinking of putting my guy in the army (no SEAL training or anything) just to help validate his high attack/defense rating and give some reason to why his feats are the way they are. Would this be ok? What attitude does the armed forces have with super humans?

What is the general acceptance of super humans? Do people like them? hate then? Don't care?

In order:

Age doesn't matter too much, as long as the character will have some sort of motivation to be willing to work with other metahumans. I'm leaving the mechanics of how your characters will work together a little open-ended at this point. I think anything over 18 would be fine.

Coast City. Sorry, I slipped up on a previous post and will go fix that up.

Army would be okay, but would probably work better as a background. It would be much tougher to integrate one military charcter with three non-military. Ex-military, however, would get your the same skills as well as create a plot-point I could work off of...as the military tries to draw you back in, perhaps. The military currently has no public stance on metahumans, but it is wildly rumored that they are trying to actively recruit people with useful powers.

As for how super powers are being accepted, it still varies dramatically. It is such a recent phenomenon that most people are still coming to terms with it. There have been a few people that have come forward with their powers and tried to do good with them...and some of these have gained great fame and a generally good reputation for it. Others, often those with strange appearances, have been persecuted, assaulted, or even killed. The prevailing feeling around Coast City is that metahumans should be judged on their actions, but monitored with increased scrutiny.

One NPC I've developed is a young woman, Sandra Poynter, who has just founded an advocacy organization for metahumans. A good friend of hers, who had just gained the ability to shapeshift, was gunned down in a nightclub when she transformed into a tiger under the stress of an aggressive drunk. The drunk was acquitted on most charges (aside from unlawful possession of a concealed firearm) due to "extenuating circumstances". Her new organization, the Coast City Metahuman Rights Foundation, is growing quickly and has gotten considerable press both locally and nationally.

Mimic

First Post
Definately was going with ex-army, discharged honorably and all that, but like you said although he is officially a civilian they could keep ahold of his file just in case sort of thing.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Professor Fate
(Steven Faturius)
PL 8

Height: 5’11”
Weight: 185 lbs
Eyes: Green
Hair: Salt and Pepper
Skin: Tanned

Attributes: [Cost 30 pts.]
STR: 10 +0
DEX: 20 +5
CON: 14 +2
INT: 12 +1
WIS: 14 +2
CHA: 20 +5

Defense: 23 [10 + 5 Dex + 8 Purchased ] [cost 16 pts.]
Initiative: +5 [+5 Dex]
BAB: +3 [cost 9 pts.]
Melee: +4
Ranged: +8
Speed: 30’ [30 Base] / 40’ Flight

Damage: +2 [+2 Con]
Fort: +2 [+2 Con]
Reflex: +5 [+5 Dex]
Will: +2 [+2 Wis]

Hero Points: 4

Flaw: Quirk: Must always help a person in need.

Attacks:

Superpowers:
Sorcery: 8 Ranks, Stunt: Drain, Incorporeal, Immunity, Flaw: No Illusion, No Control [Source: Mystical, Cost 46 pts.]
- Drain (Stunt) Energy Blast, Flight, Force Field, Healing, Immunity(Stunt), Incorporeal (Stunt), Telepathy,
Super Intelligence: 6 Ranks, Extra: Super Charisma [Source: Mutation, Cost 18 pts.]
Regeneration: 1 Rank [Source: Mutation, Cost 2 pts.] ]

FEATS: Darkvision, Fame, Wealth [Cost 6 pts.]

Skills: [Cost 3 pts.]

Computers +8 [1 rank]
Diplomacy +12 [1 rank]
Sense Motive +3 [1 rank]

Final Cost: 30 points (Abilities), 16 points (Defense), 9 points (Offense), 66 points (Powers), 6 points (Feats), 3 points (Skills) –10 (Flaws)= 120 points

Character Idea: Steven Faturius was a successful investor and internet guru, not from any special skills or talents – mostly luck and timing. He turned his financial wealth out to others, looking to help others in need and giving tips on investing and internet business. Surprisingly, the more
Steven helped others, the better things were for him as well. His ‘help’ turned into public speaking appearances and his ‘plain English’ explanations turned him into a media darling. He moved to Coast City from his home town of Laketown, Ohio, to be in the public eye more – and to help even more people. His self-deprecating humor started the ‘If I can do it, you can to’ campaign that was going strong when the waves hit. It wasn’t long after that Steven discovered that he had changed like the stories of others. His will and concentration could work feats no normal person could do. As he could not give this ability to others, he worked to establish an alter ego, Professor Fate, that helps keep the dark at bay in Coast City.

Abilities:

Personality: Helpful almost to a fault. Steven has had strong companions who helped him build his self- help empire. He was successful earlier in his career (internet and investing mostly), and he has confidence in his abilities and in the abilities of others. This confidence translated well into his public appearances and speeches. His private self is very close to the public image he presented. Much of the wealth that he had was funneled into charities, trusts, and various hand-outs (much to the chagrin of his partners).

Appearance: Older Caucasian male, short salt and pepper hair – graying before its time . . . making him look much more distinguished than his age would appear. The salt and pepper has found its way inoto his goatee and mustache as well. Emerald green eyes are quite striking on his tanned face. His body is toned and he keeps in shape (running, aerobic exercise, and yoga), but isn’t very strong. In public, he wears dark greens, greys and blacks in suits, turtlenecks and pants. Silver jewelry of a simple nature and only as accents.

Attachments

• Steven Faturius.JPG
    Steven Faturius.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Remove ads