• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best commercial in the superbowl?

der_kluge

Adventurer
The cat with tomato sauce one was really good. That one and the "You're being robbed" was good. Those were both Ameriquest, right?

The careerbuilder.com ones were good too. I especially liked the third one with the monkey kissing the bosses ass. That was a riot.

Also, the Ford Truck one where the bikers decided not to go the diner because all those Ford trucks were parked outside. That was pretty funny.

And the other funny one was the "Pepsi Truck" commercial were P Diddy had to get a lift to the Grammys in a Diet Pepsi truck, and then soon everyone is driving a Diet Pepsi truck to be cool lik P. Diddy.

The M.C. Hammer spots were pretty funny, too. Don't remember which company those were for...

diaglo

Adventurer
anybody got a link to where i can view some of these?

i missed most of the game... and had to listen to it on radio... Marv "i'll take a bite out of you" Albert and Boomer.

RichCsigs

First Post
diaglo said:
anybody got a link to where i can view some of these?

I Films has most of them here

Cat & tomato sauce and "sun will come out tommorrow" were my two favorite ads. Most of them sucked this year though.

Oh, I also liked the second MC Hammer one.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I like the Mustang convertible in the winter wonderland :D

Careerbuilder.com was good

The cat and tomato sauce was enjoyable (I have a fuffy that looks just like that one)

Bigdaddy.com was okay

reveal

Adventurer
GlassJaw said:
Even though they usually don't come home on commercial flights.

And they weren't real soldiers. No name tages or anything. :]

*trying to end anger for this "rah rah" stuff when not just 7 years ago we get spit on for being in uniform. but when you need us, then we're "cool" and "brave." :(

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Gunslinger said:
I liked the Ameriquest ad with the guy on his cell phone who says "You're getting robbed" and then gets beaten up by the shopkeeper and his wife. :D

You know, that one really bothered me. They make such a stink about sexuality, but blatant violence is okey-dokey. I'm not usually up on a soap box about this sort of thing, but this seemed like a particularly egregious example of hypocrisy.

I liked the Fedex "10 rules" ad, and the godaddy.com spot. I missed the cat with the tomato sauce - I was getting gumbo - but I heard it was great.

I got awfully tired of the Mustang convertible ad. They ran it three times, once in the same ad block! Apparently it was the replacement for the "lustful priest" ad.

diaglo

Adventurer
GlassJaw said:
Even though they usually don't come home on commercial flights.
they actually have been.

the government has been renting whole flights from commercial airliners to transport both coming and going from major noncombat area bases.

GlassJaw

Hero
Code:
They make such a stink about sexuality, but blatant violence is okey-dokey.

I thought a few of the ads this year were a little disturbing. The Emerald Nuts had a father lying to his daughter. The Mustang ads had a frozen dead guy. The "getting robbed" was ok up until the guy got hit with a bat and then tasered. Was that necessary? It went from amusing to somewhat uncomfortable.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads