• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best Gestalt Combos?

EyeontheMountain

First Post
wildstarsreach said:
My god, I hadn't thought of that, it's so unholy that it's great.

Meh. Manifesting is not arcane, so i think you lose something there.

A couple I have (No builds, just interesting prestige classes for gestalt)

Divine Champion: Quick way to pick up 9th level spells in one domain. Scout plus travel, or arcane caster plus heal can be quite strong. Go with a fighter for 7 levels first to be tough from the get go.

Pyromancer and any melee build. Their whip has reach and attacks as a touch weapon every attack. Add in abilities that do extra damage like power attack and go to town. Even better go with a Sonic??mancer from some article onteh WTOC webpage. Shooting of a 10d6 fire bolt every round at 15th level is not to be laughed at either.

Beastmaster wtith a supreme divine or arcane buffer. More for fun than anything. But you could have a FEARSOME pack of wolves.

Shugenja and Wu-Jen. Wonky magic all around. Not very powerful at all, but at least noone will have any idea what you are casting. Including the other players.

Warshaper. Should be easy to get into with two classes of abilities, and for offense and espeically defense, it is hard to beat. +4 Con/Str Fast Healing, etc.

Lots of fun builds

bestone

First Post
Right now im trying a strange ass combo

Duskblade / Dread necromancer

I just hit level 10 this weekend, and my gosh is it powerfull, its the most buff thing i've played yet.

Before i selected that i toyed with the idea of cleric/dread necro, cleric taking deathbound and undeath domains, combined with dread necro's undead mastery and you'll controll more undead than you would ever want to bother with.

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
From experience:
Rogue/Warmage - Heavy damage with the occasional sneak attack thrown in.
Druid/Wizard(conjurer) - Never enter melee again, have tons of summoned allies do it. With UA options you can tweak it even further and summon a little quicker.

gnfnrf

First Post
Fighter/Druid works very well, and if prestige classes are allowed, Druid/Master of Many Forms is powerful enough to break many games. At 12th level, my build along these lines adventured solely in the form of a fully equipped war troll, with all abilities intact. Actually, he scared the DM into ending the game early, so I never got to play him.

--
gnfnrf

szilard

First Post
If you want to play an awesome spellcaster, I submit:

Beguiler/Warmage

or - if you are concerned the bit of MAD in that combo:

Spellthief/Warmage

I haven't looked at it, but I wonder how Shadowcaster/Beguiler would work.

Other nice combinations:

Swordsage/Druid - focus on Wild Shape and maneuvers usable with claws.

Warblade/Fighter - A Warblade with Fighter bonus feats? Yes, please.

Duskblade/Beguiler - a very well-rounded character... broad casting ability, good BAB and HD, some armor, a ton of skills...

I think a Dragon Shaman/Paladin would be a lot of fun, too. Dragon Shaman/Crusader? Paladin/Crusader?

-Stuart

Rolzup

First Post
Hideos Blow can make a Warlock/Rogue really nasty. And a lot of the Warlock Invocations work really well with a Rogue build in general.

Bill Muench

First Post
Personally, I'm a big fan of druid/ninja. Super-sneaky, great spell-list, useful companion, great skills, synergistic abilities, etc. And very thematic in the "forest ninja" vein. Only real downside is a moderate BAB.

Pyrex

First Post
I'm not entirely certain how 'optimal' it is, but I've thought that if nothing else a Spellthief//Warlock would be a lot of fun. :D

Remove ads