• Lina Inverse (Slayers)

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Scarlet Witch (MCU)

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • Liz Sherman (Hellboy)

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Medivh (Warcraft)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gellert Grindewalkd (Fantastic beasts)

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Skeletor (Masters of the Universe)

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Merlin (Excalibur)

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Goblin King Jereth (Labyrinth)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Tula (Pirates of Dark Water)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Raiden (Mortal Kombat)

• Willow Ufgood (Willow)

• Grand Vizier Jafar (Aladdin 1992)

• The Emperor (The Last Jedi)

• Yennifer (Witcher)

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Nekron (Fire and Ice)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Princess Ariel (Thundarr The Barbarian)

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Zenobia (Sinbad Eye of the Tiger)

• Mira and Mara (Sorceress)

• Natsu Dragneel (Fairy Tail)

• Venger (D&D cartoon)

• Elsa (frozen)

Votes: 21 34.4%

Sacrosanct

Legend
Previous polls here:
Barbarian
Bard
Cleric
Druid
Fighter
Monk
Paladin
Ranger
Rogue

Since there is a lot of overlap on screen between sorcerers, wizards, and warlocks, and most of them do not follow D&D mechanics that separate their abilities, I was toying with the idea of one single poll. Then I started listing names. There are so many, I think I'll keep the polls separate and do my best to put the characters into buckets they best fit. I know there will be a lot of omissions for two primary reasons: 1) if they aren't on the sorcerer list, they are probably on the wizard or warlock list, and 2) evil sorcerer/wizard is such a common trope in film and in anime that I'd have hundreds of characters with no real distinction among most voters. So I tried to keep the scope down.

Rules: You get 4 votes in this poll.

Count_Zero

Adventurer
100% for Lina Inverse, particularly with how she describes her magic as being basically a form of pact magic. This probably applies to Natsu as well, though he's probably a cross-class Sorcerer Monk, since as a shonen protagonist he does a lot of hand-to-hand combat.

EDIT: Also, taking a cue from the Wizard thread - example videos and images to support one of my character picks.

Lina Inverse:

Last edited:

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden from the TV series is probably a great example of a D&D style sorcerer with ritual caster on TV.
Not book accurate though.

Dr. Byron Orpheus maybe too.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden from the TV series is probably a great example of a D&D style sorcerer with ritual caster on TV.
Not book accurate though.

Dr. Byron Orpheus maybe too.

Dresden is on my wizard list. Seemed more wizardly, with his research into casting new spells (adding spells to spellbook, so to speak).

Worrgrendel

Explorer
What about Kelly Hu as the Sorceress from The Scorpion King with Dwayne Johnson?

Sorceress.jpg

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
Dresden is on my wizard list. Seemed more wizardly, with his research into casting new spells (adding spells to spellbook, so to speak).

Book version yeah. I see him multiclassed.

But the TV show nerfed him to hell and made him a lot less wizardy by making Bob a person instead of an intelligent alternative magic book. This and his overall weakness "demotes" him to sorcerer with a ritual book only.

I thought about voting for the MCU version of Scarlet Witch because they simplified her powers for the movies, but in the comic books, she would be a Warlock because she has a Patron and has hex powers.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases