Best site for game group hosting?

edge3343

First Post
Are there any sites that host groups (like google groups, or FB groups, etc.) specifically geared towards RPGs? I've been using a FB group and it works ok. I'd like easier file sharing (pictures, docs, etc.) as well as better discussion utilities. The Wall of our FB group fills up fast! Anyway, just asking. What works well for you guys?

JohnRL

Explorer
I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're after, but Obsidian Portal hosts campaign information for DMs and players and includes wiki, forum and comment facilities.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Or we have Groups functionality right here at EN World.

EN World: D&D / RPG News & Reviews - Social Groups

Currently includes a forum, calendar, basic info/intro, privacy settings, picture albums, etc. Will soon be expanded drastically to include lots of space for info about a campaign, characters, file management, etc.

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
Well, you have to pay to use the forums feature on Obsidian so that rules that out. Thanks though.

Take a look at Epic Words. The free version includes forums. You do have to pay for file storage, but these days there tend to be enough free online storage sites that it is pretty easy to work around that if you don't want to pay for storage.

Greylock

First Post
Hey man! I come by here only once in a blue moon nowadays, and one of only two posts I open is, by accident, yours! Only realized it was you on when I did a scroll back up. Congrats on getting a game going finally! Did you manage to corrupt some small town folk, or did you get an influx of outsiders? :)

Btw, our game with Wes is still going strong and we're still using - for now - Google Groups. We're not terribly happy with the changes they made over the last year though, and have discussed moving back to Yahoo Groups or starting our own private web forum. But it's on the backburner, mainly because only two or three of us really get into posting like demons now. More than half the group is related to Wes now, by marriage, and they tend to hash things out on the telephone.

Congrats again, good sir!

Remove ads