• Hulk

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Some other choice, you oddball!

Votes: 32 39.5%

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Selfish, entitled, trust fund kid, with an addictive personality, who made his fortune selling WMDs hasnt got much to recommend him as a hero. His ability as a technological genius and master of the suit is good but really not on that inspiring epic level
I have always looked at him as someone attempting to atone for the evil he has brought into the world. Several interesting RW rich people have done such.

The Bowler (from Flaming Carrot/Mystery Men)

EDIT:
(out of the listed Superheros from the poll I prefer Iron Man and the Incredible Hulk, and my least favorite is Spiderman who I'm still sick of from the overhyped movie series back in 2002. A little of that goes a LOOOOOOOONG way)

Last edited:

Li Shenron

Legend
I voted "other".

Truth is, I don't like traditional superheroes, neither in comics nor movies. I especially hate the visuals i.e. masks and spandex, but in general I don't like the character concepts and their tales. I particularly dislike the "one guy alone vs all the evil" message.

For some reason, I do like the X-Men characters (at least the movie ones, I haven't read the comics) and their overall plot, hence my vote. Although it would be hard for me to pick one of them, since what I like is the fact that they are many, all different from each other, and with internal struggles and conflicts.

When I was younger, I loved the X-Men comics. A few years ago I tried to dive back in, and it was just impossible. The X-men have always been complicated in just about every sense of the word - metaphors, timeline (don't get me started on the narrative evils of time travel), villains, characters, connections, and so on. But with a few decades in-between my last X-Men comic and my latest, I could no longer make sense of them, no matter how many wikis and articles I read.

the Jester

Legend
Depends on what you mean by best. Superman is definitely the best in terms of most iconic. But if you mean best as in most powerful, I'd have to go with Duplicate Boy, a Legion of Superheroes ally, who has the ability to duplicate the superpowers of any other super-being.

But... I'll also argue that Matter-Eater Lad really deserves consideration here.

Superman is the most iconic superhero, but I just find him bland. I don't find superheroes drawing if they're invulnerable.

Classic Superman was invulnerable if you did not have any Kryptonite. But the more modern Superman has more weaknesses, including to magic/supernatural stuff. And it seems they loaded him up with emotional vulnerability/issues as well.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases