• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

best way to lose an MMA fight?

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Yeah, that won't do it when it comes to Jones. Remember that dood what snapped his leg in half when another dood checked his leg kick? It makes you wonder why guys don't train to check. Like, Hamil totally didn't check any kicks and if the fight went another round he'd have been TKOd from another three or so. Messed up. Like, check 'em right from the start, yanno? doods don't start to check until it hurts and by then it's over.

Still postin' from the phone I see. :p

Yeah, first time I saw the video I didn't think it was ban worthy, but after watching it again, yeah, that guy has some very bad intentions. Pierce was tapping furiously, and Palhares wasn't letting go. He was actually still trying to crank in the submission. Even when the referee Jumped in, Palhares was trying to tear Pierce's leg off and cranking that submission.

Has it been a one time thing, yeah, I could believe that he was in the moment and just let go a little late, but this is something that Palhares has been doing for a while now. I believe this is the second time in the UFC he does this. He has also done it in other promotions, and he has done it in straight jujitsu competitions.

Once? Okay, it could have been a mistake. Twice? He should have known better, but okay, maybe it was an unintentional mistake. Several times, over several years, in several promotions, across sports? Yeah, homie has a problem that could end up ruining someone's health and end their career.

Palhares deserved to have his contract terminated. He didn't actually get a lifetime ban, its just shoddy reporting. Unfortunately for him other promotions are hesitant to sign him. Even Bellator said they weren't going to sign him because of his continued disregard for the rules and penchant for hurting fighter.

No, I didn't see the last TUF fight. I haven't watched this season. I've wanted to, but I always miss it. My morning trend to be pretty free, but after 3:00, I have to start pretending to be a productive member of society.

Yeah, first time I saw the video I didn't think it was ban worthy, but after watching it again, yeah, that guy has some very bad intentions. Pierce was tapping furiously, and Palhares wasn't letting go. He was actually still trying to crank in the submission. Even when the referee Jumped in, Palhares was trying to tear Pierce's leg off and cranking that submission.

Has it been a one time thing, yeah, I could believe that he was in the moment and just let go a little late, but this is something that Palhares has been doing for a while now. I believe this is the second time in the UFC he does this. He has also done it in other promotions, and he has done it in straight jujitsu competitions.

Once? Okay, it could have been a mistake. Twice? He should have known better, but okay, maybe it was an unintentional mistake. Several times, over several years, in several promotions, across sports? Yeah, homie has a problem that could end up ruining someone's health and end their career.

Palhares deserved to have his contract terminated. He didn't actually get a lifetime ban, its just shoddy reporting. Unfortunately for him other promotions are hesitant to sign him. Even Bellator said they weren't going to sign him because of his continued disregard for the rules and penchant for hurting fighter.

No, I didn't see the last TUF fight. I haven't watched this season. I've wanted to, but I always miss it. My morning trend to be pretty free, but after 3:00, I have to start pretending to be a productive member of society.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Hmm ... I guess the firing makes sense in light of all that. It's a shame you haven't been able to see this season cuz it's actually really good so far. The house 'drama' isn't as annoying as usual and RR genuinely hates Tate which makes for some good stuff. The fights have all been good except for one and the last fight was one of the best I've ever seen period - let alone on TUF.

EDIT: Guess what I found!

Damn, FS1 is one of the channels I don't get in my current channel line-up.I get FXx, but not FS1, and to be honest, it isn't worth the hassle to get it. I have direct tv, and it blows. They want me to get a bunch of other channels that and pay a but more for it. It just isn't worth it for one channel. I barely watch most of the channels that I get now. I'm nut interested in any of the other channels that come with the package that includes FS1.

I think it was John McCain that wanted to pass some law that forced cable providers to allow consumers to pay for the channels they want and not pay for the channels they don't want. Unfortunately, the rest of congress has been bought off or are too weak willed to do anything useful.

I just saw the fight you linked. That was a pretty good fight. Girlie in green has some pretty good clinch work. I think her best moments were when she got the other girl in the clinch and threw some really nasty knees. She also has a pretty good reach advantage, but unfortunately, she isn't Jon Jones our know how to properly use her reach. I guess that's what happens when you get stuck with Rousy, who Only knows how to rush in close and go for the armbar.

The girlie in blue has some good stand up. She lost the first round, but it was close. She blew out the second round. Girl in green didn't stand a chance. The third round was mostly blue-girl's, but at the end green-girl made a decent attempt.

So they put all the TUF fights on YouTube? I may just go ahead and watch it there.

Damn, FS1 is one of the channels I don't get in my current channel line-up.I get FXx, but not FS1, and to be honest, it isn't worth the hassle to get it. I have direct tv, and it blows. They want me to get a bunch of other channels that and pay a but more for it. It just isn't worth it for one channel. I barely watch most of the channels that I get now. I'm nut interested in any of the other channels that come with the package that includes FS1.

I think it was John McCain that wanted to pass some law that forced cable providers to allow consumers to pay for the channels they want and not pay for the channels they don't want. Unfortunately, the rest of congress has been bought off or are too weak willed to do anything useful.

I just saw the fight you linked. That was a pretty good fight. Girlie in green has some pretty good clinch work. I think her best moments were when she got the other girl in the clinch and threw some really nasty knees. She also has a pretty good reach advantage, but unfortunately, she isn't Jon Jones our know how to properly use her reach. I guess that's what happens when you get stuck with Rousy, who Only knows how to rush in close and go for the armbar.

The girlie in blue has some good stand up. She lost the first round, but it was close. She blew out the second round. Girl in green didn't stand a chance. The third round was mostly blue-girl's, but at the end green-girl made a decent attempt.

So they put all the TUF fights on YouTube? I may just go ahead and watch it there.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads