Beyond the Rerisen Tower(DM Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Warrens Ambush, Round 2

Though mauled by the party's attacks, the mob of dead rush Kaz and knock the Avenger back with a flurry of clubbing arms.

One of the Hungerers charges forwards, grabbing Toeto and crushing the Lizardfolk against its chest where worms burrow out of its skin and attempt to burrow into Toeto. Her golden scales keep them at bay. Undeterred, the Hungerer's jaw distends grotesquely and it's all Toeto can do to keep the thing from trying to stuff her into its mouth!

The other Hungerer, slowed by the thick mushrooms, walks a bit closer, rips free a handful of worms and throws them at the party where they and other worms swarm about the group's feet looking for any bare skin to burrow into.

---

Fredrock puts down one mass of worms and disperses the core of the other mob, but a handful of the dead get back up...

GM: As stated below, updated for Fredrock's turn.

Note, anyone who starts their turn adjacent to the Burrow Worms takes 5 damage(10 if you are immobilized or bloodied).

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Rerisen Dead Mob 2: Move to E15. Slam: 21 AC vs Kaz, hit, 20 damage and push 1. There's a Few Left(when reduced to 0 hp by Fredrock): 5 Rerisen Dead appear in its squares.

Rerisen Hungerer 1: Move, charge to H18, Grasping Arms(+1 charge): 22 AC vs Toeto, hit, 16 damage and Toeto is Grabbed. Writhing Worms: 12 Fort vs Toeto, miss. AP: Swollow Whole: 9 Fort vs Toeto, miss.
Rerisen Hungerer 2: Foul Runes(when takes radiant damage): 5 damage to all creatures within 2 squares. Move to K14. Hurl Worms: Creates Burrow Worms 5 in F22.

Burrow Worms 3: Double move to G18.
Burrow Worms 4: Move to L13. Total Defense: +2 defenses TenT.
Burrow Worms 5: -[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Fredrock: E19, 5 damage taken
Eithal: G20
Kaz: F19, 20 damage taken, 1 THP
Toeto: H20, 16 damage, grabbed(Hungerer 1)
*Sprout: F17
Scarm: E21
Yishim: E22

Rerisen Dead Mob: 68 Max HP, 17 AC, ?? Fort, 14 Ref, 14 Will, Resist 1/2 damage vs ranged/melee, Vulnerable 5 radiant, 5 burst/blast, MBA - +7 vs AC, 2d8+5 damage and pushed 1. Aura 1 - any creature that starts its turn in the aura takes an MBA from the Mob.
Rersien Dead Mobs destroyed: 2

Rerisen Hungerer 1: H18, 26 damage taken, marked(Fredrock)
Rerisen Hungerer 2: K14, 19 damage taken
Rerisen Hungerer: ?? Max HP, 18 AC, ?? Fort, 15 Ref, 17 Will, Resist 10 Necrotic, Vulnerable 5 Radiant, MBA - Grasping Arms: +8 vs AC, 1d10+8 damage and the target is grabbed. Foul Runes(Free, when takes radiant damage): all creatures within 2 squares of the Hungerer take 5 necrotic damage.

Burrow Worms 4: L13, +2 defenses
Burrow Worms 5: F22
Burrow Worms: Minion, 17 AC, ?? Fort, 16 Ref, 15 Will, Resist 5 Necrotic, MBA - None. Burrowing Aura: Any creature that starts its turn adjacent to Burrow Worms takes 5 damage(10 damage if the creature is immobilized or bloodied).
Burrow Worms destroyed: 3

Rerisen Dead 3: E15
Rerisen Dead 4: F16
Rerisen Dead 5: F17
Rerisen Dead 6: G15
Rerisen Dead 7: G17
Rerisen Dead: Minion, 14 AC, 14 For, 12 Ref, 12 Will, Resist 10 Necrotic, MBA - Slam: +6 vs AC, 5 damage and push 1.
Rerisen Dead destroyed: 2[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain and Lighting]The mushrooms are difficult terrain, provide concealment, and produce dim light.

The rocky area around M17 is column of rock that goes to the ceiling.[/sblock]

Attachments

• WarrensRound2.jpg
    WarrensRound2.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=Iron Sky]Do I misunderstand how the radiant boon works? I thought it was 1 damage to enemies around Toeto, 1 THP to allies around Sprout.

Sprout was attacking the mob, so F17 was the right spot. The rerisen dead were already... er, dead, because they took the 1 damage from Toeto's summon.

And omg, that thing just tried to eat me![/sblock]

Xeterog

Explorer
Ignoring the adjacent worms, Fredrock moves up and strikes out with his hammer again, the force of it's blow knocking the undead back
[sblock=action]
Start Turn adjacent to Worm: Take 5 damage (not an attack, so no Battle Resilence)
Move to E19..
Standard: Using 2 PP to make :close:Bull's Strength a blast 3, F16 (top left) to H18, getting the mob (#2), a worm (#2) and a Hungerer (#1): Results: Mob: 21 hits, 15+5=20 damage, "dead", Worm, 27, hits, 'Dead', Hungerer (I put in +7 instead of +11, but 19 crits, thanks to boon), 15 + 8 = 23 Phycic damage and pushed two squares so that the grab is broken if possible.
Minor::close:Battlemind Demand to mark the Hungerer (#1)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Fredrock]
Marked: Hungerer #1
Damage taken 5 of 58
Power points used 4 of 4

Fredrock Hammersmith - Male Dwarf Battlemind, level 5
Passive Perception: +16, Passive Insight: +21 Senses: Low-Light
Init +1, Speed:5
AC:22, Fort:18, Reflex:18, Will:20
HP 53/58, Bloodied:29, Surge Value:14, Surges left:1/13
Action Points: 2/2, Power points 0/4
Powers-
Blurred Step link
:close:Battlemind Demand link
:melee:Mind Spike link
:melee:Bull's Strength link
:melee:Iron Fist link
:melee:Mist Weapon link
Second Wind link
Battle Resilience link
:close:Telepathic Challenge link
:melee:Aspect of Elevated Harmony link
:melee:Beckoning Strike link
:melee:Beckoning Strike attack

Item powers
Dwarven Scale armor link

:melee:MBA +11 vs AC, 1d10+6 (brutal 2)
:ranged:RBA +1 vs AC, 1d4-1 (improvised..would have to pick up a rock or something)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Stuff about boon.

GM: Nope, I screwed up. I was thinking of the incorrect version I initially posted. I'll fix it quick.

Also, the worms have no OA, just their aura, so Battle Resilience has not yet triggered. Also, Fredrock just killed the other Mob, so I'll just update the round above with Fredrock's turn taken into account.

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Toeto presses her right foot against the undead hungerer's chest and leaps backward to escape its grasp. She drops her sunrod and raises her new mace, counting on its healing properties. Meanwhile, Sprout redirects his attention onto the large undead and steps forward to bite at its legs.

Toeto looks nervously back and forth to Eithal and the hungerer. "C-Can you h-hold it back?" she asks, the tension realizing itself through her stutters.

OOC: Kaz: Maybe some healing for you, if Toeto's attack this round hits.

[sblock=Toeto stats/actions][sblock=actions]Free: drop sunrod.

Minor: Draw mace.

Move: Athletics to escape succeeds? against Fort 21. Pretty high... I'll assume it succeeds. Toeto shifts to G21 as part of the escape, and Sprout moves to G18.

Standard: Spring Renewal Strike vs Hungerer at H18 hits? Fort 18 for 18 damage. If it hits, Kaz spends a surge and gains 21 hp.[/sblock][sblock=Spirit's Shield OA]Toeto can take OAs through her spirit companion if an enemy adjacent to it moves without shifting. The power is At-Will, +8 vs Reflex, 4 damage, and Effect: one ally within 5 squares of the companion regains 7 hp (10 if adjacent to the SC).[/sblock]Toeto - Female Lizardfolk Shaman 4
Initiative +4, Senses: Insight +6, Perception +11; low-light vision
HP 27/43; Bloodied 21, Surge Value 10, Surges 10/10
AC 19; Fortitude 17, Reflex 15, Will 18
Speed 5
Action Points 2

Conditions

Powers
Spirit's Shield
Call Spirit Companion, Protecting Strike, Voice of Battle
Certain Threat, Healing Spirit x2, Lizardfolk Recovery, Speak with Spirits, Spring Renewal Strike
Hungry Spirits Totem, Protective Roots, Spirit of the Healing Flood

Notes
Any ally adjacent to Toeto's spirit companion regains +3 additional hit points when he or she uses second wind or when Toeto uses a healing power on him or her.
Boon: When Toeto summons Sprout, enemies adjacent to her take 1 radiant damage and allies adjacent to Sprout gain 1 THP.

[sblock=Spirit Companion notes]The spirit companion is treated as a conjuration with some exceptions.
  • It occupies 1 square like an ally does.
  • It is only affected by melee or ranged attacks (not close/area attacks or zones).
  • It is dispersed if it takes 12 or more damage from a single blow, and Toeto takes 7 damage. It is otherwise unaffected by attacks. It uses Toeto's defenses.
  • It cannot be flanked and it does not grant flanking.
  • The companion can move 5 squares whenever Toeto takes a move action. It is not affected by difficult terrain.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Eithal hears Toeto's request, "No problem honnih!" and she charges into the fray.

"Gitawayfrommah frayend!" The goliath swings her axe at the undead behemoth striking down two zombies almost by accident. The attack does little damage to the intended target, but enough to scare it back into the mushrooms.

Undaunted, Eithal continues her assault on the gruesome entourage. Once again, she surges forward, but this time they are ready and push her back, "Yew think thayat's gonnah stop ole' Eaithal! Hah!"[sblock=Actions]Free: Mark the Hungerer

Standard:
Storm Spike: F17-H19
Target1: Rerisen Dead @F17
Attack1: 1d20+12=22 "Dead"
Target2: Rerisen Dead @G17
Attack2: 1d20+12=24 "Dead"
Target3: Rerisen Hungerer @H18-H19
Attack3: 1d20+12=18 (I believe that hits)
Damage: 1d12+7=8 (Oh well, I'll take what I can get). and slide the Hungerer to H15-I16

Move:
F19-F18-F17-G16
Rerisen Dead OA: 1d20+6=22 vs. AC Hit and Push to G18 (Only legal location)
Dang! Too far away to do any good.[/sblock][sblock=Ministats]Eithal Lemindt Arehei Female Goliath Warden Level 6
Initiative: +3
Speed 6
Passive Perception: 18; Passive Insight: 13; Senses: Normal
Powerful Athlete: Roll twice for Jump/Climb Athletics checks
AC: 21; Fort: 19; Reflex: 13; Will: 15
HP: 66/71
Surge Value: 17; Surges left: 13/13
Action Points: 1
At Will Powers:
:melee: Strength of Stone link
:melee: Thorn Strike link
:melee:Warden's Fury link
Warden's Grasp link

Encounter Powers:
:melee: Grasping Winds link
:melee: Relentless Panther Attack
link
:close: Burst of Earth's Fury link
Stone's Endurance link
Warden's Tempest link
Second Wind

Daily Powers:
Form of the Relentless Panther link
Storm Strike link
Bear's Endurance link

Feats:

Sudden Roots: Whenever Eithal hits an enemy with an Opportunity Attack, that enemy is slowed until the end of its next turn.

Crushing Earthstrength: When Eithal uses her second wind, she gains a +4 bonus to her weapon damage rolls until the end of her next turn.

Guard of Stone: While Eithal is under the effect of her stone’s endurance racial power, each enemy marked by Eithal takes an additional penalty to attack rolls for attacks that don’t include Eithal as a target. The penalty equals her Constitution modifier and lasts until the end of her next turn.

Courage of the Lone Stag: When you mark three or more enemies with Nature’s Wrath, you gain a +2 bonus to weapon damage rolls against creatures you mark until the start of your next turn. This bonus increases to +3 at 11th level, and to +4 at 21st level.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
Scarmiglione, receiving a painful bite from a nearby worm, skewers the thing neatly with his dagger before emitting another painfully loud "SQUAWK!" that causes the both the larger undead to be once more engulfed in flames.

[sblock=actions]Scarm takes 5 damage.

Minor: Low slash on Worm 5. Vs Reflex: 1d20+12=31 hit. Crit if it's undead.

Standard: Blazing starfall centered on J14, getting both Hungerer 1 and Hungerer 2. Vs Reflex: 1d20+10=30 1d20+10=23 1d4+12=16. Crit on Hungerer 1 for 16 + 1d10=7 = 23 radiant (not including any vulnerability). 16 radiant to Hungerer 2.

Zone centered at J14, any enemy leaving before EONT takes 2 fire.

Move: to G20.[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniKenku]Scarmiglione Male Kenku Rogue|Sorcerer 5
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light vision
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:19, Will:18; Resist 5 psychic
HP:39/44, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left:7/7
Blazing Starfall
Sly Flourish

Wave of Light
Low Slash
Sneak In the Attack
Songmaster’s Boon (item)
Second Wind

Blinding Barrage
Thunder Leap
Shadowdance Armor (item)
Lucky Charm (item)

Phase of the Sun: At the start of my turn, each enemy adjacent to me takes 2 fire and radiant damage; resist 5 cold
Phase of the Moon: Bonus to AC equal to number of conscious adjacent enemies; resist 5 psychic
Phase of the Stars: Whenever an enemy's attack misses me, I can teleport 2 as a free action; resist 5 radiant

First Time Bloodied: Change immediately to next phase.

Conditions: phase of the moon

Full sheet: Scarmiglione[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
This one is this one's target! Kaz shouts in broken Allarian as he charges the hulking undead, calling on both divine power and the might of his axe to deal a large blow to it.

[sblock=actions]
Minor: Oath Rerisen Hungerer 1
Standard:Abjure Undead Rerisen Hungerer 1: 20 vs will, hit 16+5=21 radiant damage. It is immobilized EOTN.
Move:I18
ACTION POINT
Standard:Sequestering Strike Rerisen Hungerer 1: 23 vs AC hit 10+9+10 (reroll)= 29 damage. It would be teleported 20 feet up but save succeeded.
Boon damage roll 9 radiant damage., Kaz takes 5 damage.

If Kaz is bloodied and is damaged by monster other than oath target:
Avenger's Resolve: 5 Resist EONT.

[sblock=stat block]
Kaz Male Elf Avenger 5,
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 24, Passive Insight: 17, Senses: Low Light
AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:19
HP: 27/52, Bloodied:26, Surge Value:13, Surges left:9/9
Basic Attack Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe+1, +7 vs AC, 1d12+3 damage (+1d12 on crit, 19-20 threat against undead, +1d6 when bloodied, reroll 1&2 damage)

Powers:
Bond of Pursuit
Overwhelming Strike

Angelic Alacrity
Oath of Enmity
Abjure Undead/Divine Guidance
Sequestering Strike
Avenger's Resolve
Second Wind
Elven Accuracy

Amulet of Life +1
Aspect of Might
Strength of Many
Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe +1

Conditions:
Non-elf allys within 5 square get +1 to perception.

If oath target moves away willingly, +6 damage to next attack. (Censure of Pursuit)

Can shift through difficult terrain (wild step)

+2 to Defense, +1d6 damage if bloodied (equipment)
[/sblock][/sblock]

OOC: Edit: Forgot abjure undead does an extra 1d10 because I am level 5, so 4 extra damage

Last edited:

Remove ads