• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Beyond the Rim - new SW:EotE adventure

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4249

Beyond the Rim is the first full-length adventure for the Star Wars®: Edge of the Empire™ Roleplaying Game. When you overhear the rumors of a long-lost, Separatist treasure ship, the Sa Nalaor, you and your companions can take your shot at the adventure of a lifetime!

Written by veteran Star Wars adventure writer Sterling Hershey, Beyond the Rim leads characters from the corridors of the seedy hub-and-spoke space station known as the Wheel all the way to the very edge of Wild Space. There, you and your companions will explore distant planets, encounter fearsome jungle predators, and delve into mysteries that have remained unsolved for decades. Along the way, if you’re careful–and a little lucky–you’ll even find fame and fortune, as well as an opportunity to pay back old debts.

So apparently this is old news. Anyone know when the adventure is due? I can't find that info on FFG's site.

I grabbed a copy of this at GenCon before it sold out. I haven't read it in-depth (yet), but overall it looks to be a pretty solid Star Wars adventure. It follows the films in that the PCs find themselves traveling to three separate locations as part of the overall story arc. There's not a whole lot in the way of new crunch, though there are a couple of new monsters and a transport (one not really suited for a beginning group of PCs however).

I do plan on doing a review on it for the GSA, likely within the next week or two. Don't expect any major plot spoilers though.

Bagpuss

Legend
It was out 9th Sept. My usual game provider IGUK sold out soon after publishing it in there new releases at the weekend. Amazon.co.uk are saying they have it for sale but 10 to 13 days until dispatch (which is the same as not having it in stock really).

Remove ads