D&D General BG3 Massive Spoiler Thread

Zardnaar

Legend
Astartion looking fetching on a dye job on robes and before I equipped helldusk gauntlets.
20240321_120812.jpg

Actually kitted out jaheira in thus equipment but she kinda bugged out and doesn't follow the group. She's better with the Reverberation equipment and she has scribed the art of war scroll.

So going into Raphael without a dedicated force evoker wizard. Honor mode. Asterions a lightning build with +6 on spell DCs.

Tav Champion 11/War cleric 1
Asterion tempest Cleric 2, storm sorcerer 10
Gale Paladin 2, Swords bard 10
Shadowheart Life Cleric 12

Shart has the healing gear and Makeshar staff so she can cast lightning bolt and call lightning. She usually wins initiative if it's important speed potion, creat water chain lightning with Asterion following up with double maximized chain lightning as he is a tempest domain cleric with amulet if the devout.

Failing that Tav is a dab hand with a bow.

Zardnaar

Legend
Well made it to the end. Better brain time.

Final battle comp.

Tav. Champion 11/war cleric 1 archer
Halsin. Hunter 11/war cleric 1 archer
Shadowheart life cleric 12 built packing lightning spells.
Wyll. Sorcerer 8/fighter2/warlock2.

More or less 100% ranged.

Last edited:

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
I’m about to obliterate the grove for mommy Mystara. I kind of feel bad about it.

I actually feel like I’m missing out on a bunch of xp by not killing the goblins and freeing Halsin etc

Zardnaar

Legend
I’m about to obliterate the grove for mommy Mystara. I kind of feel bad about it.

I actually feel like I’m missing out on a bunch of xp by not killing the goblins and freeing Halsin etc

Yup you miss out on a bit of xp and items. Don't think I hit level 5. Previous game was level 5 right at the end of the Goblin camp.

See previous comments going evil is like kicking yourself in the love spuds.

Occasional evil acts with Asterion, Minthara, Laezel or hirelings can be very profitable.

Nilbog

Snotling Herder

I'm probably wrong but I can't help but feel this is tied to WOTC's business practices over the last couple of years.
It's a massive loss for them and us the player, but fair play to Larian for doing what they want to do.

Zardnaar

Legend
From a selfish standpoint, I'm obviously sad. Objectively, however, Larian made the right move. Hasbro and WOTC are toxic, especially recently.

Yup ultimately WotC needs Larian more than vice versa. Once I'm bored on BG3 probably 2-3 more playthroughs we bought Divinity Original Sin II. Give that a shot or catchup on other games since we have a newish PS5.

Remove ads