D&D 5E Bigby Presents: Glory of the Giants

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
At the risk of sounding like a heretic on a sub-forum for a game called Dungeons and Dragons, I am way more excited for this book than for Treasury of Dragons. Dragons are a dime a dozen in fantasy. Giants are common, too, but a little less played out, and I just find them a lot more interesting - I think the Ordning is a hilarious concept.
My appreciation for giants really increased after I played SKT. This was the GM's first campaign (he has played for a few years, but not run the game) and it was a wild ride... but there was interesting lore.

I hope the book has good lore on the giants lives and also relationship with other beings and each other - like ogres serving hill giants, for example.

plisnithus8

Adventurer
Minisgallery has posted these upcoming Wizkids miniatures (42 in my all coming in August), names/sizes but no images yet:
  • Stone Giant of Evil Earth (huge)
  • Fire Hellion (huge)
  • Goliath Chef (medium)
  • Frostmourn (Huge)
  • Giant Lynx (medium)
  • Death Giant Necromancer (?)

Fire Hellion and Frostmourn seem like new types of Fire and Frost giants, but a Death Giant might be a new giant altogether unless it’s a template like dracolich.

Minisgallery has posted these upcoming Wizkids miniatures (42 in my all coming in August), names/sizes but no images yet:
  • Fire Hellion (huge)
  • Goliath Chef (medium)
  • Frostmourn (Huge)
  • Giant Lynx (medium)

Fire Hellion and Frostmourn seem like new types of Fire and Frost giants, but a Death Giant might be a new giant altogether unless it’s a template like dracolich.
Death giants were a type of giant in 4e. They were not undead so I don’t think they will be a template

Parmandur

Book-Friend
  • Fire Hellion (huge)
  • Goliath Chef (medium)
  • Frostmourn (Huge)
  • Giant Lynx (medium)

Oooooh, Elemental Evil: guess we might get some stuff about Tharizdun and the Primordials.

Clint_L

Hero
Death giants were a type of giant in 4e. They were not undead so I don’t think they will be a template
  • Fire Hellion (huge)
  • Goliath Chef (medium)
  • Frostmourn (Huge)
  • Giant Lynx (medium)

That’s a boxed set of premium miniatures. The 42 miniature Icons of the Realms set might include some of the same sculpts in different paint jobs tho.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
They originate in 3.5e where their shtick was the ability to trap souls who swirled around them as an undead fog. They came from Netheril but abandoned their mortal allies to make a deal with Nightwalkers who took them to the Negative Energy Plane.

Last edited:

Remove ads