D&D 5E Bigby Presents: Glory of the Giants

So a list of 20 possible lore heavy choices just as Fizban's has.

1. Storm Giant
2. Cloud Giants
3. Fire Giants
4. Frost Giants
5. Stone Giants
6. Hill
7. Firbolgs
8. Goliaths
9. Ocean Giant
10. Fog Giant
11. Death Giant
12. Eldritch Giant
13. Trolls
14. Orgers
15. Oni
16. Cyclops
17. Fomorians
18. Irda
19. Titans
20. Verbreeg

Thoughts? Any that shouldn't be on the list or any that should be added?
Mountain giants have been around since 1e (and appeared in 2e and 3e), so I would put them in over some of the more obscure types on your list.

I’m pretty sure FR has no such thing, and if it does it’s because they kept it from 4e, and Exandria wasn’t made by wotc so it can’t really be a case of them shoehorning anything.

Keeping something from a previous edition and publishing a world they didn’t build don’t equate to “forcing it into every setting”.
IIRC the 5E Spelljammer boxed set has one Wildspace System with a Dawn War-esque backstory. Plus a primordial is statted up in Storm King's Thunder that is stronger than any of the Princes of Elemental Evil from Princes of the Apocalypse.

So, some tiny bits of Dawn War lore have shown up throughout 5E, but nothing terribly major.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
IIRC the 5E Spelljammer boxed set has one Wildspace System with a Dawn War-esque backstory. Plus a primordial is statted up in Storm King's Thunder that is stronger than any of the Princes of Elemental Evil from Princes of the Apocalypse.

So, some tiny bits of Dawn War lore have shown up throughout 5E, but nothing terribly major.
Sure, and bit and bobs from every other edition, because it's one united omni-verse they insist on calling a multi-verse in spite of it allowing for now alternate or simultaneously extant universes. Might as well call the universe we live in, without taking into account any string theory or other alternate reality stuff, a multi-verse.

anyway

primordials are cool.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
So the title also happens to make for a decent pun. And?

There doesn't need to be a preexisting lore connection between Bigby and Giantkind to justify the character writing a book on the subject - it certainly helps, but it isn't required.
They could have used Zephyros?

Mountain giants have been around since 1e (and appeared in 2e and 3e), so I would put them in over some of the more obscure types on your list.

arent Mountain giants just extra big hill giants? They just needs a paragraph not their own entry. Id rather see the space used to discuss the Fomorians connection to the Feywild or the Elemental deformities of the Craghoran.

Also need to break out of the Ordning entirely with discussion of Jungle giants, Sand giants and the B’roghs of Athas

Last edited:

I hope they flesh out the verbeeg more, I loved seeing them in Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden! I hope for some weird giants, too!

Also, anyone figure out what the big serpent looking thing in the background of the promo image is? Some sort of sky snake mount for giants?

Koma maybe if they touch upon Kaldheim. Could be wrong.

Remove ads