D&D 5E Bigby's Big Book of Giants

Tutara

Adventurer
"People on Reddit" also posted intentionally false information to get internet "news sites" that use AI to scrape popular subreddits for topics and fan-reaction material to publish an article on the highly anticipated addition of "Glorbo" to both World of Warcraft and, I believe, Destiny 2.
So you're saying they are a dependable source of misinformation? Agreed!

Scribe

Legend
Saw this at my local book store today, was surprised how much more expensive it was than the last 5e book I bought.

Then I took note that gas is also $2/litre and I just went home. :D

Sadly, there are a lot more images popping up on social media that are pretty obviously AI art + some manual editing (but not near enough to, say, give giants the proper number of toes, or have an archer actually have a hand that is holding a bow rather than some misshapen blob at the end of their arm and a curved line coming out of their wrist, etc.). Plus DDB has updated their blog post with artist credits, and two of the images in question are credited to someone who regularly creates AI art. The other images floating around aren't credited yet, but look very similar in style as those two.

So I'm no fan of Reddit either, but they caught this one, and it's not simply "someone didn't like their style and so said it was AI." People who are both for and against AI art overall are pointing out many of the tell-tale AI art artifacts that were common in late 2022 when these would likely have been created, and at least two images so far are outright credited to someone who says they use AI art.

It's AI art.

It's a shame and it's becoming yet another self-inflicted PR stumble for WotC, and I've lost count of how many that's been in the past year.

dave2008

Legend
Sadly, there are a lot more images popping up on social media that are pretty obviously AI art + some manual editing (but not near enough to, say, give giants the proper number of toes, or have an archer actually have a hand that is holding a bow rather than some misshapen blob at the end of their arm and a curved line coming out of their wrist, etc.). Plus DDB has updated their blog post with artist credits, and two of the images in question are credited to someone who regularly creates AI art. The other images floating around aren't credited yet, but look very similar in style as those two.

So I'm no fan of Reddit either, but they caught this one, and it's not simply "someone didn't like their style and so said it was AI." People who are both for and against AI art overall are pointing out many of the tell-tale AI art artifacts that were common in late 2022 when these would likely have been created, and at least two images so far are outright credited to someone who says they use AI art.

It's AI art.

It's a shame and it's becoming yet another self-inflicted PR stumble for WotC, and I've lost count of how many that's been in the past year.
I was going to point out that some pro's use a combination of AI and crafted(?) art. However, any artist worth their salt should have been able to eliminate tell tale artifacts.

That being said, the images posted above don't really prove AI art to me (and I am pretty good at spotting it). However it could be AI or AI assisted more likely.

Last edited:

DavyGreenwind

Just some guy
I don't see any evidence, just rumor-mongering. And even if it was in whole or part AI-generated (just speculation), WotC would not necessarily know that an artist they hired used AI. At the end of the day, an artist is still getting paid.

This seems to be a dumb stick to attempt to beat WotC with. If artists used AI (and, like other posters have said, the evidence is still borderline at best), that's on the artists for doing so. At worst, WotC could be blamed for not being thorough with quality control (and with deadlines there might not have been much they could do) which I'm sure will tighten up if any artists did use AI.

Remove ads