Black Widow teaser

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
So Deadpool IS part of the x-universe, and has intereacted with the Taskmaster.

Taskmaster is interacting with the Black Widow (SarJo).

So Deadpool and the x-universe (indirectly) has interacted with the MCU.

So by using the Taskmaster, they can incorporate the x-universe/Deadpool into the MCU via that connection.

Oh, wait. I think you misunderstood me.

Taskmaster has not yet appeared in any movie, to my knowledge. In the movie continuity, he hasn't interacted with anyone yet. Movie-Deadpool has never met Movie-Taskmaster. There is no movie continuity to exploit here.

I was saying they'd interacted in the comics. But, the Avengers (and Spider-Man, and everyone else) has interacted with the X-men directly in the comics. You can hook them in my noting that, like, Peter Parker dated Kitty Pryde for a while, or whatever. Taskmaster doesn't actually add anything you don't already have elsewhere for a hook.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
The whole line is weird. I've watched the trailer multiple times and he is not fat. At all. He is normal size. If that is his fat then I'd really like to see how skinny he was before. It's almost like the line was written for another larger actor who then got replaced.

From every Russian I’ve ever known, if he used to be noticeably more fit, the line isn’t out of place in the slightest.

And he definitely is chubby. From a non American standard, “fat” isn’t wildly inaccurate. His fat is pretty well proportioned, but if he used to have the sort of physique we expect from superheroes...🤷‍♂️

It’s a crummy joke, but it’s not especially out of place.

Sadras

Legend
Right but they can have that without the joke in the trailer or indeed in the movie. Hell they could have one of them look at the guy who gained weight and say "Yeah, we're all getting older"

Because the word "fat" is now that offensive?
Stand-up comedy must be dying in USA. I miss the days of George Carlin.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Because the word "fat" is now that offensive?

No. Because we are becoming more aware that how we treat people matters, and shaming people for their bodies is hurtful.

It isn't as if fat jokes are thoughtful, insightful, well-crafted comedy that you can be proud of. It's a pretty cheap shot, all in all.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Um, I won't quote it, but his whole, "Americans love to eat" routine might disagree with you.
He loved talking about social issues, including obesity, but he wouldn’t bemoan that some people don’t like fat jokes.

And I know that routine. It was just a cheap fat joke.

Also see, Carlin speaking on Andrew Dice Clay.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Um, I won't quote it, but his whole, "Americans love to eat" routine might disagree with you.

Carlin was old enough to be working under the false assumption that everything was about force of will and character. I don't think he really grasped addiction and depression and socio-economic influences behind what he saw.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases