Blizzard at Revel's End (OOC) Temporary Hiatus

FitzTheRuke

Legend
A couple of notes for @JustinCase Burton:

Underwater Combat: "When making a melee weapon attack, a creature that doesn't have a swimming speed (either natural or granted by magic) has disadvantage on the attack roll unless the weapon is a dagger, javelin, shortsword, spear, or trident."

So no disadvantage with a dagger!

Also, you have to put "2" when rolling advantage or disadvantage on Coyote, or you're just going to be taking the "best/worst out of ONE roll" (which of course, is that single roll). So 2d20.HIGH(1) or 2d20.LOW(1). That's why you've only been getting one result. (I didn't mention it when you rolled with advantage, because I don't think the Red Ghost was giving you advantage in the situation you were in.)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
A couple of notes for @JustinCase Burton:

Underwater Combat: "When making a melee weapon attack, a creature that doesn't have a swimming speed (either natural or granted by magic) has disadvantage on the attack roll unless the weapon is a dagger, javelin, shortsword, spear, or trident."

So no disadvantage with a dagger!

Also, you have to put "2" when rolling advantage or disadvantage on Coyote, or you're just going to be taking the "best/worst out of ONE roll" (which of course, is that single roll). So 2d20.HIGH(1) or 2d20.LOW(1). That's why you've only been getting one result. (I didn't mention it when you rolled with advantage, because I don't think the Red Ghost was giving you advantage in the situation you were in.)

...I feel like an idiot. Because I knew that, but apparently forgot.

And I’m wielding a rapier, so there’s still disadvantage. I don’t think rolling again will change much, however. Well, unless I roll a 1. Extra disadvantage roll: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25

Well that’s a waste of a natural 20.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey @FitzTheRuke,

What’s the situation above deck enemy-wise? How many are surrounding the mate, and could Thorbin go and help?
Just trying to figure if it’s a hopeless situation or not.
Thanks and cheers,

sg

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hey @FitzTheRuke,

What’s the situation above deck enemy-wise? How many are surrounding the mate, and could Thorbin go and help?
Just trying to figure if it’s a hopeless situation or not.
Thanks and cheers,

sg
Thorbin is a killing machine. He should make a big difference. There's two immediately threatening the mate, with one coming up (having murdered the corrupt guard). The other four (for a total of seven sahuagin) are killing the remaining sailors, the new prisoners, and a guard as they came up on deck. (A few have chosen to stay below to avoid the slaughter).

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Would that apply to Red Ghost as well?

I wasn't sure where anything was located or what was still alive. That's why Lex attacked the crab climbing the wall. There were probably allies in more dire straits but....

Remove ads