Blizzard at Revel's End (OOC) Temporary Hiatus

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I do try to keep up with the rate of postings in all PbP games, but occassionally I get too busy IRL to react quickly. (And I usually don't post on Wednesdays and weekends because I am usually away from a computer on those days.)

If I do lag, I am fine with my character being controlled by the DM for a while, or skipping a turn or two.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Sorry. Last week was last week of classes, and everything in all my games seemed to get busier/require more attention, so I was slow in rotating through all of them. And I don't post weekends. But if you need to robot me for a turn, that's fine, just so I can keep track of things (I just had someone Dodge once, since I like to roll the round about once a week, and when I have time to write a GM post, I like to get it out there.) So no worries on that.

It's a bit more complicated when underwater and grappled...

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'd generally rather wait than take peoples turns for them. Not only is it more (and unwelcome) work, but I really, really dislike making my player's choices for them. Having lost players here and there (I've been pretty lucky overall - I haven't lost too many), I sometimes worry that people who aren't posting have ghosted (I wish more people would just tell me when they drop out. It's all good). At any rate, I'd rather poke you than take your turn, but just because I poke you, doesn't mean I'm unhappy to wait. If that makes sense.

I'll set myself a limit: I will wait for three (or more) players, but I'll roll the round if I'm only missing one or two. And I think, generally, I'll just let that player go twice in the following round. If they miss two rounds in a row, though, then I'll take control, I guess.

Getting two turns in a row can be better then acting row by row. And my original concept was "you just stand there dithering, unable to decide what to do." Two turns in a row is MUCH better than that. :)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Getting two turns in a row can be better then acting row by row. And my original concept was "you just stand there dithering, unable to decide what to do." Two turns in a row is MUCH better than that. :)
It is much better, sure, but it's still two-in-a-row after having had a round where you stood there. I'll probably make it so you lose both if you fail to act the second time.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
@KahlessNestor I should never have bothered you about not posting your turn. While resolving round four, I was reminded that you had posted two turns in round three (not your fault - I was resolving things a few things at a time, so you rightly posted after I had resolved your turn, but before I'd rolled the round). So what you posted last will be your round five actions. Sorry about that, you'll have to wait for one more round. Hopefully it won't take me as long as the last two. I've got a couple of new tricks that should speed me up.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I just noticed this. Why didn't the damage come off the temp hit points? I think this is Lex's line:

Lex AC16 HP34/34 THP 1/12 Sp 3/4 3/3
Yup. My mistake. I knew you had THP, but when I went to copy the damage down on your line, it slipped my mind and I took it off your HP. Thanks, fixed now.

Remove ads