Blood of The Werewolf [Erekose 13 Judging][Concluded]

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan will try to shift away from being flanked (to H14) & have another shot at his opponent.

OOC: Damage reversed? cool. I don't understand why, but you guys can explain it to me sometime... Is it time for another attack roll?

Patlin

Explorer
B4cchus said:
If the wolf is within striking range

I just realized I've been looking at the tree at I,11 and thinking it was Talbin... didn't realize he wasn't on the map! I missed it when B4chus pointed that out in the sblock, as I can't open the dratted things if I check up on the thread from my phone.

Let's say Talbin is hidden at P15. He will sneak down to M17 during the surprise round where he can threaten the wolf.

The reason the damage was reversed is that you can make a move or a standard action during a surprise round, but not both. I had done both for each wolf before figuring this out. (The terrain had too many obstacles for a partial charge action.)

B4cchus

Explorer
M17 sounds fine! many trees around to go back into hiding.
I also forgot this was the surprise round, so i made them attack rolls for nothing..

Patlin

Explorer
Round 1
Wolf 1 bites Rowan (slightly later than originally estimated) for 16 damage. It pulls Rowan to the ground.

Boog moves to J,6 and establishes mental contact with Julianna.

[Rowan goes here. Action will need to change slightly as he is prone.]

The second wolf follows Rowan and bites him, dealing 13 damage.

Brother E moves to J,7 and blesses everyone.

Julianna moves to N,10 and manifests a force shield.

Talbin has to move in a little to do it, but sneak attacks wolf 2 for 12 damage. The wolf had not yet seen him, and he was flanking with Rowan, allowing him to hit with an otherwise poor shot. (This hit could turn into a miss depending on the results of Rowan's action.)

Patlin

Explorer
Initiative, hp, and status effects
Winter Wolf 1
Boog (23 of 23 hp, AC 11)
Rowan (13 of 42 hp, AC 16)
Winter Wolf 2 (12 damage?)
Brother E (23 of 23 hp, AC 16)
Julianna (36 of 36 hp, AC 23 with Force Shield)
Talbin (12 of 12 hp, AC 19)

(All party members are blessed)

Vanth: Chained to a tree, effectively not in combat.

Patlin

Explorer
(You can probably tell I wrote most of that post assuming Rowan had done as posted, forgetting about the wolf trip thing. I'll probably need to edit it after Manzanita's next post.)

Patlin

Explorer
B4cchus said:
Actually, Talbin held his attack if he couldn't hit the wolf from his current position.

Good point. Let's see if Rowan moves... if not, the wolf is in striking range. If he's out of range, talbin can sneak 5' closer. If in range, he can strike and move away.

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: As these first rounds are already emeshed in 'what if's, & 'oh right's, then let me put this out. As Rowan succeeded in his listen check, should we assume he wasn't flat-footed in the first round (surprise round?)& thus could have used his guisarme for a AoO? If so, you would use my last roll, which was a miss anyway. Rowan is not inclined to stand at the moment and trigger an AoO from both wolves.

I can't remember if he can use his guisarme against the wolves. They're large, and thus part of them is 10 feet away, even though they're adjacent. If he can, he'll swing his guisarme while prone. If not, he'll release his guisarme (free action), draw his flail (MEA - no AoO) & strike with it. My attack roll: 2. I didn't include modifiers b/c I'm not sure what they'd all be, but in any case, he misses.

Patlin

Explorer
Previously
Rowan wasn't quite fast enough (without the combat reflexes feat) to get a swing off on the first wolf as it charged in, but he does swing and miss the second wolf as it maneuvered to flank him.

From the ground, the Barbarian continued to strike at the big wolves (as he still threatens squares they are in) but he has trouble swinging his polearm from the ground.

Talbin's sneak attack hit the second wolf, and he quickly retreated.

Remove ads