D&D 5E Blue ONE, An attempt at a TRUE 5e Basic version

Sacrosanct

Legend
About Maneuvers, one thing I liked from a pretty old UA were the feats that let you do a special trick when you had advantage and either:
  • sacrificed the advantage to add an effec to your attack
  • if both dice from the advantage hit the target, you can add a special effect.

I prefer the second way of doing it, but I think this would be a good way to add some maneuvers that doesnt require the whole action.
How about this? I admit I'm hesitant to add things like this because this is supposed to be a Basic streamlined version, and I don't want to add things that cause people to say, "Why is this not in the full version?"
advantage.jpg

Also, I'm thinking of bundling a starter adventure into the rules as well. This adventure will be compatible with full 5e as well, to show how both systems can be compatible in the same way B/X was compatible with AD&D. I.e., not exact, but close enough that you didn't have to do modifications unless you wanted to. As a twist, there are three dungeon maps. At the end of every hour, the dungeon transforms into another map. The PCs have to find all the clues to find their way out, and these clues are spread out between all three maps.

tombofentropy coverweb.png

Sacrosanct

Legend
Based on request, I've created a set of booklets as an alternative to the 8x11 softcover cost-effective book. These are full-color interior, 6x9 hardcover books. A bit more expensive for the set ($20 for PG and $25 for GM Guide, respectively) but that's because they are both full-color interiors.

BandB 6by9 cover mockup.jpg

1663083751119.png

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Is there still time to give suggestions?

A simple thing, really, but I've always felt that a Dragonborn's breath should be a natural weapon in the same category as a minotaur's horns or a tabaxi's claws, thus removing a layer of ressource management that, I feel, is a huge speed bump for new players.

In my games I use the same mechanic for their breath as the Acid Splash cantrip (usable with Con or Cha, with a range of 15 ft), but adding the mod to the damage roll, usable at-will as an Action, with the usual damage based on the color of the dragonborn.

Or, should you desire to make it still a limited power, I'd suggest going with a number of damage die equal to their prof bonus (with or without the + Stat mod damage)

Side note; there's no indication on how to calculate the DC to resist the DB's breath.

Remove ads