Blues Clues d20?

Jeph

Explorer
This would be pretty sweet to play. It would be much more role-playing oriented than hack 'n' slash, as you'd need all the ranks you could get in Bluff, Intimidate, and Sense Motive to get *anything* out of Mr. Shovel and Mrs. Pale. :)

Wicht

Hero
Jeph said:
This would be pretty sweet to play. It would be much more role-playing oriented than hack 'n' slash, as you'd need all the ranks you could get in Bluff, Intimidate, and Sense Motive to get *anything* out of Mr. Shovel and Mrs. Pale. :)

You obviously don't watch the show often enough. Its Shovel and Pail, no Mr or Mrs for them, and its Mr Salt and Mrs. Pepper (with little paprika).

You would really want to max out search and spot too.

But the exploration might get a bit tedious as the DM really would end up rehashing the same map every session.

Wicht

Hero
Crothian said:
Are we going for the 3 and under crowd now? :eek:

Hey, I LIKE Blues Clues, watch it. Blue and Little Bear rule the airwaves!

Now there's an idea for the younger crowd. Little Bear d20.
You would have goblins, awakened animals, primitive technology and lots of exploration.

Hmm, that actually might work.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Wicht said:
Hey, I LIKE Blues Clues, watch it. Blue and Little Bear rule the airwaves!

Actually, I've heard this from my friend. Her son loves the show, and it's one of the few she can watch with him without pulling out her hair.

Re: Re: Blues Clues d20?

Wicht said:

You obviously don't watch the show often enough. Its Shovel and Pail, no Mr or Mrs for them, and its Mr Salt and Mrs. Pepper (with little paprika).

Hey, don't forget about Mr Salt and Mrs. Pepper's new baby - Cinnamin :D

With having two kids, ages 5 and 2, I would love to see some role-playing games aimed for the younger audiences. We have been watching the animated Redwall series lately. I'd love to see that turned into a youngs D20 game.

Wicht

Hero
Re: Re: Re: Blues Clues d20?

Valanthe the Sleepless said:
Hey, don't forget about Mr Salt and Mrs. Pepper's new baby - Cinnamin :D

I haven't seen that one yet. We homeschool and haven't been watching as much TV this past month. I take it Cinnamon is in the shows with Joe? I haven't seen any of those episodes since the first premier show this summer.

A Redwall d20 game could be good even for grownups.

If you are looking for role-playing games aimed at the younger crowd, have you tried the pokemon adventure game. Its actually 6+ IMO but I have played it with a 4 year old successfully.

Jeph

Explorer
Re: Re: Re: Re: Blues Clues d20?

Isn't the baby called Paprika?

Isn't the contact between salt and peppera bit mature for the show?

Sure, go for the 3 and under crowd! Start as early as you can!

Yeah, and you'd want the wilderness lore skill and track feat . . . a half-orc or gnome character would DEFINITELY want scent . . . those clues are probably sniffable, too. Just can't sense it through the TV screen.

Ghostwind

First Post
Blue Clues and Little Bear? Sounds reasonable. I can handle those with my kids. Please, no Dora the Explorer d20 or SpongeBob d20. That drives lemmings off cliffs as it stands now...:D

Remove ads