D&D General Bob World Builder Recreates WOTC's "Do You Like Me?" Survey!

overgeeked

B/X Known World
His ratio is way better than the usual suspects. He's always seemed fair to me and the only reason he made this video was because his video about class/race percentages was fairly popular. I'm not really sure getting why he's getting some hate, maybe I'm missing something?
He said a negative thing about WotC. Some fans can’t abide that. That’s it. That’s the whole “controversy.”

TheSword

Legend
He said a negative thing about WotC. Some fans can’t abide that. That’s it. That’s the whole “controversy.”
It’s not ‘a’ single negative thing. The whole Doomer thing is getting real tiring when it comes to the games I like to play and the folks that make them. I get that life my not be quite as folks dreamt it would be but the constant negativity, outrage, scandal that gets played out by the same dozen or so posters daily is without doubt the saddest thing to see on these boards.

Last edited:

Remathilis

Legend
The lesson learned is that a person and their actions can only be trusted if they say purely positive things about WotC and D&D.
Not about Bob in particular, but so much of the Internet is being filtered through "us vs them" rhetoric that it makes it hard to connect with others regarding our interests. WotC has done some skeezy stuff, but going into any discussion about WotC and constantly seeing all their sins brought up like it's some gotcha moment.

Bob might have wanted to know the answer to WotCs survey, but it came off as a little like "what bad press is WotC hiding? Let's find out and expose it" and I'm 100% sure people with less scruples than Bob will use Bob's findings to fuel that very talking point. "YouTuber Survey Reveals Bitter Truth about D&D Fans! Is it over for WotC?" Is getting posted no more than 24 hours after Bob posts the findings, regardless if Bob says that or not.

Blame the algorithm and social media all you want, Bob's findings will confirm bias that already existed and be ignored by those who want to believe the opposite. And it's not like Bob's answers will reach WotC and affect anything there. His survey, regardless of any noble intentions, is just going to be another bludgeon in the discussion posts and comment sections to further divide.

It was an idea that while not malicious in and of itself is only going to be used to harm the community further.

mamba

Legend
"YouTuber Survey Reveals Bitter Truth about D&D Fans! Is it over for WotC?" Is getting posted no more than 24 hours after Bob posts the findings, regardless if Bob says that or not.
the same youtouber would find a different doom and gloom story otherwise

Bob's findings will confirm bias that already existed and be ignored by those who want to believe the opposite.
see above

And it's not like Bob's answers will reach WotC and affect anything there
why would they even care, they have the results of their own survey

All Bob’s survey does is give us maybe a pretty similar result, but one we know instead of only WotC knowing it

Remove ads