D&D General Bob World Builder Recreates WOTC's "Do You Like Me?" Survey!

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Nope. I don't watch him much but he's usually positive.

Relentless positivity is almost as bad as relentless negativity imho. Just creates a bubble that reality usually ends up popping.
You might be the only person who claims that people expressing joy only to have that joy eventually end is "almost as bad" as that same period of relentless sorrow.

No Zard, long stretches of bubbles of people being positive is not, in any way, equivalent to long stretches of negativity. The world brings it's own negativity without any need at all to spread more of it around regarding people's hobbies. And spreading positivity, even if it risks being ended earlier or is based on hopes which do not end up being realized, remains incredible more valuable to humanity than constant negativity.

You are not a hero for being a realist about a fantasy gaming hobby. You are not making people's lives better by being a realist about fantasy gaming hobbies. Your fear of hopes being dashed should not rule your courage to have hope about things you enjoy in life like your fantasy gaming hobby.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Ginny Di is cynical and pessimistic in the same way a golden retriever puppy is.
I find it very hard to believe that anyone who follows her thinks this is true.

Like, I like her IG and twitter content, and a lot of her videos are very fun, but she does a much broader range of content than silly music videos and D&D pickup lines and a pinup calendar.

But of course people want to performatively roll their eyes at eachother so badly they’ll take “person X makes more of content Y than I’d like, even though most of their content isn’t Y” and pretend it’s instead saying “Person X is a content Y monger who only makes content Y.” 🤷‍♂️

Remove ads