• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Bob World Builder Recreates WOTC's "Do You Like Me?" Survey!

mamba

Legend
LOL. Wow. If their results were anything like Bob’s no wonder they shut it down after a few days.
I am not sure theirs were that much better, but we will never know

The first three are more or less what I expected, the rest is more negative than I expected, but that does not mean WotC got better results

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
I'm wondering why some posters here are assuming Bob's survey results will be a WotC/D&D hate fest...
I'm assuming it'll be like/love D&D, Neutral on WotC, neutral on current D&D direction, D&D increasing in popularity and WotC decreasing in popularity.
What do you think now that the results are out?

Remathilis

Legend
LOL. Wow. If their results were anything like Bob’s no wonder they shut it down after a few days.
Fans love IP, hates company that owns it. Film at 11.

You could probably do these same nine questions with any major IP and get the same basic answers. Marvel, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek, etc. All WotC did was get a pulse on how much damage control they need to do at this moment.

I'm sure BWB's numbers are also slightly more skewed than WotC's, (I think WotC's answers probably scored more centrally, BWB's probably skewed more to the poles) but even then, we're probably talking % differences of single or low double digits.

Ultimately, I don't view the results as shocking or even particularly alarming in light of how media and corporate relations are viewed. That's the cost of doing business at the size and scope they are at.

DoctorPip

Explorer
I don't think the results will surprise anyone familiar with the past year at WotC.

I think its worth noting that Bob recognizes and explains the survey population's bias in the very beginning of the video, and consistently reminds the viewer of this slanted framing throughout the video. He ends the video with a joke about the silliness of anti-WotC conspiracies that arose in reaction to the survey going down.

I don't think the results will surprise anyone familiar with the past year at WotC.

I think its worth noting that Bob recognizes and explains the survey population's bias in the very beginning of the video, and consistently reminds the viewer of this slanted framing throughout the video. He ends the video with a joke about the silliness of anti-WotC conspiracies that arose in reaction to the survey going down.
They are actually more positive than I expected.

Remove ads