D&D (2024) Boring things that might mean something…

How you enjoy playing at your table is up to you, and bless.
Of course! Wasn’t intending to suggest it was for everyone. Though I still the issue described is a player issue.
But proclaiming that it should not take more than 30 seconds to complete your turn comes off to me as remarkably judgmental, because you have to know that your table is an extreme outlier here.
I don’t know. This is the only table I play at (player, not DM).
I definitely would not enjoy playing under that kind of time pressure.
It was “interesting” at first, but once we go they hang if it I don’t think I can ever go back!
For us it's game night, time to chill and hang out, not boot camp.
Agree completely, we are very casual gamers and it is mostly about getting together with friends. We find fast and frantic combat increases the our fun

We sure do! No one just attacks or casts a spell, they maneuver, they describe the way they attack or cast their spell, they add some dialogue and description of what is unfolding. Often they don't attack at all but do something funky and unexpected, in character.
Yep, we can get rhat all done in 30 seconds
But we seldom do more than two combats in a session. Sometimes none. I only do combats when they are pretty meaningful to the story, so there's never really a situation where a combat doesn't have role-play opportunities aplenty. We're a very role play heavy table.
Pretty similar, I don’t track it (not DM) but we probably average 2+/-

Epic Meepo

Adventurer
Yeah, indexes.... Here's what I DON'T want in an index (lookin' at you, 2014 PH): text too light to easily read.. or any goddamn entries that say "See x" and don't have a page number.
This site's profanity guidelines don't allow me to properly express how much I dislike index entries that say "See X" but don't list a page number. Especially when "X" is just an entry with one page number. Seriously, it takes less ink to just print the page number instead of "See X," so why are they putting anything other than a page number? Looking at "X" doesn't add anything to this experience. It's like they've never used an index before.

Remove ads