Break of Dawn [Manzanita judging] COMPLETED

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: Sorry (again) for the absense..
The party sticks together, awaiting the creature's move.
the, suddenly, several chains around you seem to come alive. The chain sprout wicked looking barbas and start swinging at you in a rather violent fashion.
Eanos and Mordik both get hit by a chain while two other chains unsuccesfully strike at Quarion and Odno.

ooc: Eanos takes 7 damage and Mordik takes 6 damage. Your turn!

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

HP 40/47

Eanos hisses as he takes a blow, but finds he still has a small measure of the energy the potion gave him.

"I have no silver," he says, "But if that gem brought that thing here, it ought to be key to getting rid of it, yes?"

With a prayer to Ayratha under his breath, the monk tumbles toward the case with the stone within, trying to lay claim to the gem.

[sblock=OOC]I don't know if the controlled chains get AoO, but just in case: Tumble to demonstone (1d20+10=22)

Eanos will try to remove/break the glass and get the gem[/sblock]

B4cchus

Explorer
Lacking a will of thier own, the chains do not attempt to strike as Eanos moves to the gem. A quick look doesn't reveal any means to open the glass container.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

B4cchus said:
Lacking a will of thier own, the chains do not attempt to strike as Eanos moves to the gem. A quick look doesn't reveal any means to open the glass container.

Seeing no way to open the container, the monk lashes out with his booted foot, deciding to smash the glass, instead.

[sblock=OOC] He still had his standard action for the round, I believe, so Attack 25, damage 7 vs. however thick the glass is.[/sblock]

B4cchus

Explorer
Eanos kicks the glass container, shattering it with his (booted) foot. The gem inside bounces on the ground two times from the impact. It now lays on the gorund unprotected, about a foot away from the monk.

jkason

First Post
((OOC: I think Eanos is out of actions for the round, but for the sake of keeping things moving: assuming nothing occurs that might make him reconsider, Eanos' next action is to try picking up the gem, and should that have no immediate effect, he'll probably try ordering the devil to cease its attack.))

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion nimbly dodges the chains, using his staff for support. Then he raises his hands and thrusts them forward violently. From his chest pours a stream of green and water, which quickly materializes into a crocodile. The crocodile lands right next to the chain devil and spins around to slam it full in the chest with its tail. (9 damage - DR)

OOC: Cast summon nature's ally II for crocodile (round 1/4)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: The croc was summoned on the far side of the critter so it can flank with Mordik hopefully, right? That would be awesome, both because Mordik has our only silver weapon and needs all the +2 he can get and because Rogues love people who help them flank :))

Remove ads