Break of Dawn Part 2 [Manzanita judging] COMPLETED

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: We're on hold until RA gets a little air from his crunch-time. It would be sour for him if he'd miss this big confrontation.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Although she did get a natural 20 on init for a 21, I fear that after she used her buffs against the Kyton, she has little left to contribute except wanding people. Anyways, I need to know what she sees before she can act)

*Ally is among the first to react when the door opens.*

B4cchus

Explorer
Combat round 1 (all are aware, no surpise round).

Initiative:
21: Ally
15: Quarion
14: Eanos
12: Mordik
10: monster
9: Odno

As the door opens you see a 5 feet tall lump of flesh. If not for the somewhat human-shaped head and torso it would look more like a molten candle made of flesh.
It looks at you with a mix of anguish and anger through the now half open door. It seems ready to lunge forward towards Mordik.

[sblock=knowledge the planes for Odno and Ally]
The creature that you see in the doorway is known as a Lemure.
These are the lowest rank of Devils. As such they are Lawful and Evil outsiders (also extraplaner) (see the bits and pieces that come with these (sub)types).
The are somewhat resistant to attack not made with silver or good/aligned weapons (DR 5)
They can see perfectly in the dark (Darkvision 60'), are immume to fire and poison and resistant to acid and cold (resistance 10).
They are mindless (and thus immume to magics or psionics that attack the mind) and usually follow the command of higher devils that are communicated to them telephaticly.
[/sblock]

Everybody except Odno go now. Then your new friend comes to play with you.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion smacks the column of flesh with his shillelagh, the tip of his darkwood staff flashing as it makes contact. (Hits AC 21, 8 damage) Then he darts backward to let the others step in for a hit.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"It's another Devil. And again, only silver can easily hurt it," Ally explains to the others, as she moves into a spot where Mordik can easily flank and then tries to distract the creature quite successfully.

(OOC: a natural 18 for her Aid Another, so flank included, that's a +4 to hit for Mordik)

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: whoa! hold those horses!
The monster is standing in a doorway with the door just open. That doesn't leave enough room for everybody to jump it AND get around it in flanking position (save some spring attacking or awesome tumbling work).
Since you did hear the door being unlocked, Mordik isn't facing it alone with the rest of you hanging in the back.
Ally is first in initiative but she can't get into a position where mordik can flank with her. I assume she won't position herself face to face with the critter without the possibility for flakning. RA, what else would you have her do?
After Ally, Quarion goes. He can definately move up to it and smack it with his enchanted staff.
Anyone else attacking it after Quarion will have to do so from just aorund the corner, granting (and recieving) cover.
As actions are stated now, Quarion attacks right in front of it and Eanos tries to trip it from around the corner of the door. I'm not shure about Ally's action (still the aid?)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Will Mordik have to Tumble through the enemy square or just around it? If its the DC 15 one, he should try it. Either way, I don't think Ally possesses the capability to aid in any way except Aid Another or a very lucky crossbow bolt with a high damage roll)

Remove ads